NET (Agent, Installation)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating ASP.Net Service Endpoint with splitting transactions by applying a custom expression

Highlighted

Hello, 

I am trying to create a service endpoint that will split the transactions by a custom expression. I have already created the service endpoint, but I have not been able to create the custom expression to start splitting the transactions. 

Want I want to try and do is create a custom expression from the page that called the service that I have instrumented. The screenshot below is from the Data Collector that was collected for this endpoint. This parameter will exist for every transaction that is captured by this endpoint because it is part of the Data Collector that is set up for all requests.

Capture5.PNG

What I would like to do is to create a custom expression that pulls the "formTitle" parameter from this HTTP_REFERER parameter, and use that value as the value to split these transactions. I assume that is done via the "apply a custom expression" option in the service endpoint setup (see screenshot below).

Capture6.PNG

How would I go about creating this custom expression to get what I am looking for?

Creating ASP.Net Service Endpoint with splitting transactions by applying a custom expression