cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Transaction Requests

soundarajan
Maker

Hello,

I've instrumented .net application in App'd, I've got below critical business transactions configured 

1.Enroll,

2.Reset,

3.Forgot password,

4.Unlock

I'm able to receive multiple BT calls, but i receive some dynamic user request in BT calls, but i shows more no of business transactions in the list and it look so congested., How can i sort out this., should i exclude that BT or should i create any rule to conisder it as single Business transactions.

Regards,

Soundarajan

5 REPLIES 5

gurmitsa
Architect

Hi,

First thing to check is how your BT detection rule is configured? 

The default for asp.net or WCF call marks or records a unique BT as service.operation name, for other calls, its the number of URI segments. I would suggest you check that first and make sure the configuration is the way you want.

Next step, if you see more than expected BTs, you can do either a grouping or write exclude rules to exclude certain types of BTs.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Organize+Business+Transactions

Thanks,

Gurmit.

Kartikay.Tripathi
AppDynamics Team

Hi Sundar, 

Please follow the steps shared by Gurmit and let us know if face any issues. 

In case if you still face the issue -

* Please share screen shot of the list of BTs getting identified and also highlight the section which is problematic.

* Please let us know if the instrumented application is ASP.Net based or you have configured custom match rule ? 

* Please share screenshot the rules which you created for those 4 BTs for our review. 

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks Much Gurmit for your valuable suggestion ., its more helpful to
organise BT for an application.
I'm able to make it more effective now.

I've a scenario now., like dynamic user request calls are showing as
seperate business transaction (For ex: multiple users are requesting for an
operation in a application.) those calls are showing as separate BT in the
list.

Is it possible to group those dynamics BT's as single BT call?

Hi Sundar,

To understand and answer your question "Is it possible to group those dynamics BT's as single BT call?".

Could you please provide us the screenshot of the BT list view and highlight the BTs, which you want to group as a single BT.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

I think this is because we have selected complete URI as a business transaction.

If you can identify how many segments of the URI form a unique BT then you can use that or the other option is to have a custom match rule to identify those user related transactions and only detect them as a single transaction.