cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure App Service with .NET AppDynamics installed but no application showing up

Bob.Uva
Producer

I installed the AppDynamics extension from the Azure portal into my Azure App Service. I set up the required application settings per https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/AZURE/Install+the+AppDynamics+Azure+Site+Extension+for+.NET (Configure the agent using environment variables). I'm not sure whether that was required or not. Restarted everything but I do not see any applications in my AppD dashboard. I'm a trial user. What should I do next?

appdDash.PNG

2 REPLIES 2

Bob.Uva
Producer

More information: I found the AppDynamics logs, and this was found in the WarnLog.txt file:

2019-07-31 22:17:59.6405 11564 w3wp 2 9 Warn ConfigurationChannel Could not connect to the controller/invalid response from controller, cannot get initialization information, controller host [earhart2019073008060724.saas.appdynamics.com], port[443], exception [System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

So maybe I have something wrong in my configuration. I found a file called usercacheconfig.xml that had incorrect values for my account name and account key, so I changed them in there and restarted. Now the error I get is:

2019-07-31 22:30:28.1610 10028 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 5 Warn RegistrationChannel Could not connect to the controller/invalid response from controller, cannot get registration information

Closing now as I got the data to flow to the AppD dashboard. Had to use the right access key and also had to add an app in the dashboard before getting it all working in the agent. This was not a clear workflow to follow, and documentation could have been a little better in the initial set up.