cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App agent is not getting stopped

soundarajan
Maker

Hi,

I've doubt with agent service start/stop.

I Stopped the AppDynamics App Agent service in server and verified in controller UI whether data reporting halted. But it still reports data like service is ON.

Same the case i face with DB agent agent service also., i stopped the APPD services and tried to validate it for alerting purpose(whether it throws alert for configured "APPD Agent availability" health rule), but it does not get halted , sameway it reports data.

Could someone please advise on this.

Regards,

Soundarajan

3 REPLIES 3

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)
Hi Soundarajan,

Yes that is expected. Agent is actually loaded into the instrumented process so after stopping Agent Coordinator Service you have to actually recycle the instrumented process/IIS.

Thanks,
Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Raunak,

Thanks for your reply.

So my understanding is  even if i stop the Appdynamics coordinator service also the data reporting will be there.

If i need to stop the data reporting completely i need to stop the IIS also.

Please correct me if im wrong.

Regards,

Soundarajan

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)
You just have to restart the IIS. After restart CLR will load the profiler which will try and connect with Coordinator to identify whether this process needs to instrumented or not. Since Coordinator is stopped, Profiler will not get the response back from Coordinator and instrumentation will not happen.

Thanks,
Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.