cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppD Configured application showing only "All other Business Transactions" in the BT list.

soundarajan
Maker

Hello ,

In my organisation, some month back they;ve configured an Internal ITSM applicaiton with Appdynamics ., So i tried to check Business transacion for that application today.

When i view the list it shows only the "All Other traffic" only., im unable to see any other critical BT calls for that application .
Could you please advise me how can i check for the correct BT detections for this application.

PS: I've attached the snapshot of application

Regards,

Soundarajan 

8 REPLIES 8

Ashish.Singh
AppDynamics Team

Hi Soundarajan,

As you are seeing "All Other traffic" BTs on the BT list view. It suggests that you have already hit the BT registration limit at the application level or Agent level which is by default is 50 for  Agent level and 200 for controller application level.

Or 

You have Enabled Business Transaction Lock down option on the application instrumentation settings page.

For more details, you can refer the following documentation -

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Organize+Business+Transactions

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Business+Transactions

1. Could you please verify and confirm, how many BT registered on the controller UI for this controller application?
  2. If you have Enabled Business Transaction Lock down option, please disabled that and then apply the load. new BT will register on the controller.
  3. Please increase the time range and then notice if you see the other BTs as well ? also,  uncheck the Transactions with Performance Data option as attached screenshot and see if you see the other BTs now.

Please let us know if it helps or you have any question.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Ashish, 1). Could you please verify and confirm, how many BT registered on the controller UI for this controller application? => I've seen in the BT list page like showing 125 out of 207 at top of page. I assume its having totally 207 business transactions registered for this application. Please correct me if im wrong. 2).If you have Enabled Business Transaction Lock down option, please disabled that and then apply the load. new BT will register on the controller. => For this particular application , i don't see BT Lock down option on instrumentation page. Instead i see some other options (Pls refer snapshot 2) 3).Please increase the time range and then notice if you see the other BTs as well ? also, uncheck the Transactions with Performance Data option as attached screenshot and see if you see the other BTs now. => When i check for last 1 day to 1 month time frame it showing only "All Other transactions" only ., but when i viewed for last 3 month im able to see other BT's also. 4). I'm seeing some of my agent are in down state ., should i restart it to get the BT metrics again.

Hi Ashish, PLS REFER THIS REPLY, ABOVE REPLY GOT UNWRAPPED ACCIDENTALLY. 1). Could you please verify and confirm, how many BT registered on the controller UI for this controller application? => I've seen in the BT list page like showing 125 out of 207 at top of page. I assume its having totally 207 business transactions registered for this application. Please correct me if im wrong. 2).If you have Enabled Business Transaction Lock down option, please disabled that and then apply the load. new BT will register on the controller. => For this particular application , i don't see BT Lock down option on instrumentation page. Instead i see some other options (Pls refer snapshot 2) 3).Please increase the time range and then notice if you see the other BTs as well ? also, uncheck the Transactions with Performance Data option as attached screenshot and see if you see the other BTs now. => When i check for last 1 day to 1 month time frame it showing only "All Other transactions" only ., but when i viewed for last 3 month im able to see other BT's also. 4). I'm seeing some of my agent are in down state ., should i restart it to get the BT metrics again.

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Yes that is correct. 207 total business transactions have been registered out of which 125 of them received requests in the selected time frame. If you click on filters on top and uncheck " Show Transactions with Performance Data" checkbox you will see all the registered BTs

What you need to do is organize your business transactions. The following document will help

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Organize+Business+Transactions

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

But since 207 business transactions are detected, how is that possible in the first place since the BT registration limit on an application is 200? @Raunak.Mohanty 

Raunak.Mohanty

Few of the BTs should have names like "All Other Traffic - <Tier Name>. These are the All Other traffic BTs belonging to different tiers which might have pushed the count to 207. 

Thanks,

Raunak

Thanks for the quick reply. In the attached screenshot, we see Showing 185 of 2868 business transactions. What does 2868 refer to? Is the number of registered BTs 185 (minus All Other Traffic, so I guess around 179)? @Raunak.Mohanty  Selection_011.png

Raunak.Mohanty

2868 is the total number of transactions that have registered for this Controller Application. Out of 2868, 185 transactions are receiving traffic at the point when the screenshot was taken. If you uncheck the "Transactions with Performance Data" checkbox you will see rest of transactions. 

The reason we see so many transactions instead of 200 + All Other Traffic Bts can be attributed to two reasons

1) The BT limit has been increased at the Controller

2) There are literally (2685 - 200 = ) 2485 unique tiers registered under this Controller Application