cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Agent Not Reporting

soundarajan
Maker

Hi Team,

We've an application configured in PROD region recently. When i was about to check the health by today evening it was not reporting data for last 2 hrs.

So i tried to check APp agent status in Tier and Node UI, it shows 0 % and i restarted APP'D agent coordinator process in the App server.

But its not coming up still, could someone pls help how can i get reporting back.

Regards,
Soundarajan

10 REPLIES 10

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi,

We will need to figure out why Agent stopped reporting suddenly. Were there any planned activities executed around the time like server restart or AppPool recycle?

After restarting Coordinator service have you tried restarting IIS/Instrumented application as well? If not please try and verify if Agents come back up

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Raunak,

No, there was not any activities happened. It stopped reporting suddenly.

But we've restarted the agent service in that server and still its not reporting data back.

Also unable to restart IIS due to Production environment.

Is IIS restart only option to solve this ?

Could you please advise on this. Thanks

Regards,

Soundarajan

agentlog is your only friend when you are looking to answer a question of "Why"

Hi Madan,

Ya i tried investigating agent logs, but i don't see much information about the APP Agent issue. I've attached here for reference.

Regards,
Soundarajan

@soundarajan - Please do not attach logs or any possiblity sensitive materials that may be compromising security and privacy concerns. Thank you, @Jeanie.Kedia. ]

Hi Madan,

Ya i tried investigating agent logs, but i don't see much information about the APP Agent issue. I've attached here for reference.

Regards,
Soundarajan

@soundarajan - Please do not attach logs or any possiblity sensitive materials that may be compromising security and privacy concerns. Thank you, @Jeanie.Kedia. ]

Mate,

DO NOT post your agentlogs on community site. Delete these if possible.

Whenever you instrument an IIS application you will have to go through the below checklist. Please check if you did these in the exact same sequence.

1. Install Agent
2. Configure Agent
3. Restart Agent co-ordinator service
4. Reset IIS
5. Simulate traffic and make sure the tier, node, and the simulated load are captured in appdynamimcs.

Madan.Kumar
Builder

Your log shows a lot of exceptions relating to Network communication, check the exceptions under your application on the controller, you will see most of these listed in their as well.

Check the network connectivity between the application server and the controller on the designated port.

I strongly advise you to approach support if the issue persists.

st.GetRequestStream()
at AppDynamics.Shared.Communication.sg.qs(Byte[] , String )
at com.appdynamics.ee.rest.controller.request.sd.wap()]
2018-04-01 19:59:01.7800 6448 w3wp 3 11 Warn AgentErrorProcessor Agent error occurred, [name,transformId]=[com.appdynamics.CONFIG.ConfigurationChannel - System.Net.WebException,11]
2018-04-01 19:59:01.7800 6448 w3wp 3 11 Warn AgentErrorProcessor 4 instance(s) remaining before error log is silenced
2018-04-01 19:59:01.7800 6448 w3wp 3 11 Warn AgentErrorProcessor 499 instance(s) remaining before instrumentation point is targeted for neutralization
2018-04-01 19:59:01.7800 6448 w3wp 3 11 Error ConfigurationChannel Exception: The operation has timed out Exception: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
at AppDynamics.Shared.Communication.sg.qs(Byte[] , String )
at com.appdynamics.ee.rest.controller.request.sd.wap()

Hi Madan,

I am facing a kind of similar but strange issue where app agent for Few of nodes alone not getting Reported although sufficient load is put. Please see the Below Logs. I am able to see Node Property is getting auto disabled. Can you help me with this ?node_property_disabled.png