cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After .NET Agent upgrade to 4.3.7.1, we are not seeing load for Application

Anant P.Nayak
Producer

Hi, 

After we upgraded .NET Agent to 4.3.7.1 for one of the Application, we are not able to see load for the same. Frequently, we are getting below messages in the Agent log file. Any info on this regard would be highly appreciated. Thanks

2018-10-25 01:44:08.7517 3548 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 7 Info AgentCoordinator Cannot create performance counter - disabling for 1 hours. Category: .NET CLR Memory, Name: # bytes in all heaps, Procid: 6248, Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Instance 'w3wp#1' does not exist in the specified Category.
at System.Diagnostics.CounterDefinitionSample.GetInstanceValue(String instanceName)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.NextSample()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.NextValue()
at AppDynamics.Coordinator.CLRPerfCounters.cl.i(List`1 )

Regards,

Anant

8 REPLIES 8

Brian.Wheeldon
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Anant,

This error message indicates that one CLR metric will not be available, but it doesn't explain why you're not seeing any load for the Application. If you collect the full set of zipped logs through the Controller UI and attach the zip to a Support Ticket, the team will very likely be able to advise you about the problem.

Regards,

Brian Wheeldon, Solution Engineer, NYC

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please let me know on the below error message. We are getting this in the agent log along with the earlier messages.

Error AppWideConfigUpdater Could not connect to the controller due to Response encountered an exception. Exception: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

Regards,

Anant

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Anant,

This means that Agent is not able to connect with Controller. Try running Agent Configuration Tool and verify if you are able to successfully establish a connection. Try accessing the Controller URL on the same server.

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Raunak,

Thanks for your response. We have deployed the new license key and upgraded the .NET Agent to version 4.3.7.1 after which we saw that it is not able to connect to the Controller. We are seeing these with 2-3 Servers now. Could you please let me know why we are getting below errors. 

2018-10-25 22:32:25.5888 5432 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 26 Error AppWideConfigUpdater Could not connect to the controller due to Response encountered an exception. Exception: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at AppDynamics.Shared.Communication.kr.os(HttpWebRequest )
at AppDynamics.Shared.Communication.kr.c(Byte[] , String )
at AppDynamics.Shared.Communication.protobuf.pp.i(bd , String )
at com.appdynamics.ee.rest.controller.request.pp.ye(). ResponseBody:
2018-10-25 22:32:46.6048 5432 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 14 Error MachineAgentManager Metrics Error sending metrics - will requeue for later transmissionException: com.appdynamics.ee.agent.commonservices.metricgeneration.metrics.vk: System.Exception: Connection back off limitation in effect: http://appd.schwab.com:8090/controller/instance/18924/metrics_PB_
at com.appdynamics.ee.agent.commonservices.metricgeneration.AMetricSubscriber.publish(vo metrics)
at com.appdynamics.ee.agent.commonservices.metricgeneration.MetricReporter.run()
2018-10-25 22:32:56.6050 5432 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 5 Error MachineAgentManager Metrics Error sending metrics - will requeue for later transmissionException: com.appdynamics.ee.agent.commonservices.metricgeneration.metrics.vk: System.Exception: Connection back off limitation in effect: http://appd.schwab.com:8090/controller/instance/18924/metrics_PB_
at com.appdynamics.ee.agent.commonservices.metricgeneration.AMetricSubscriber.publish(vo metrics)
at com.appdynamics.ee.agent.commonservices.metricgeneration.MetricReporter.run()
2018-10-26 13:32:22.5286 5432 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 14 Error AppWideConfigUpdater Could not connect to the controller due to Response encountered an exception. Exception: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
2018-10-26 18:32:27.1711 5432 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 24 Error AppWideConfigUpdater Could not connect to the controller due to Response encountered an exception. Exception: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
2018-10-27 13:06:00.2046 5432 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 25 Info AgentCoordinator Cannot create performance counter - disabling for 1 hours. Category: Process, Name: % Processor Time, Procid: 5536, Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Instance 'w3wp#1' does not exist in the specified Category.
at System.Diagnostics.CounterDefinitionSample.GetInstanceValue(String instanceName)
2018-10-27 13:47:43.5808 5432 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 18 Info AgentCoordinator Cannot create performance counter - disabling for 1 hours. Category: Process, Name: % Processor Time, Procid: 5536, Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Instance 'w3wp#1' does not exist in the specified Category.
2018-10-27 21:52:06.4779 5432 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 25 Info AgentCoordinator Cannot create performance counter - disabling for 1 hours. Category: Process, Name: % Processor Time, Procid: 5536, Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Instance 'w3wp#1' does not exist in the specified Category.
2018-10-30 13:32:19.2935 5432 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 21 Error AppWideConfigUpdater Could not connect to the controller due to Response encountered an exception. Exception: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
2018-10-31 16:32:26.1695 5432 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 11 Warn MachineSnapshotReporter Machine snapshot response from controller contains error: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
at com.appdynamics.ee.rest.controller.request.pp.ye()

Hi Anat,

Coud you please try these 3 things and send me screen shots about it

1- Please use this command from application server which you get this messages "Could not connect to the controller due to Response encountered an exception. Exception: " and share screenshot

" ping  appd.schwab.com "

2- If you resolve  appd.schwab.com fqdn's IP adress correctly please try this command from same application server, and share screenshot

" telnet appd.schwab.com 80 "

3- at command promtp write this netstat command and press enter and wait

"netstat -ano " | findstr "your controller's IP adress"

at paralel please restart your Appdynamics.Agent.Coordinator.Service

and wait for 30 secs and take screenshot of your netstat's command result and share

If you give me all these details, they reflect to us root cause of issue

Cansel 

Thanks @Cansel.OZCAN for assisting.

Hi @Anant P.Nayak

A note of caution. Please do not share logs and screenshots publicly on this forum. You can either use the Private Message option or create a support ticket to share them.

Hi Radhika,

Thanks to inform me !

Sorry for it this is my bad :(

@Anant P.Nayak you can send screenshots with masking your IP adress or confidential info or you can directly Private messages to me.

Thanks

Cansel

Hi @Radhika.Puthiyetath , My bad. Thanks for informing. I will take care of this next time.

Hi @Cansel.OZCAN , Thanks for your response. I will try your suggestions. Will message you incase I need any help. Thanks