Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The free trial license never worked

rama.rao

---

Account Event
5:39:25 PM
Agent license request denied. Agent type: Server Visibility; Hos...
View Event Details
----

The free trial license never worked. First, it did not allow me to create an account, it displayed an error for few days while creating the account.

Later somehow it worked after contacting the support team. It's a miracle.

I have downloaded the agents. 

Now, when I try to install agents on my server, it never get connected to the AppDynamics SaaS controller.

I know this support team doesn't exist for AppDynamics, just created this thread for awareness.

What a GREAT monitoring software. I have never faced this type of issue with other tools.

^ Post edited by @Ryan.Paredez for formatting

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @rama.rao,

Sorry to hear about your experience. There could be a number of reasons you could not have created a trial, such as an outage. I would recommend reaching out here https://www.appdynamics.com/company/contact-us and providing your feedback and for further help. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Arun.Dasetty
AppDynamics Team

Hi @rama.rao,

Have you reached support as per last post? if issue still exists, share below details:

1. Issue command (telnet <accountName>.saas.appdynamics.com <controller port>) from agent host where app server is running to check connectivity.
2. If agent logs exists share logs folder archive for our review.

Ideally agents will fail to connect to UI for below reasons:
- Account access key value is not correctly provided in controller-info.xml
- User network does not allow connections to UI through firewall, if proxy exists we need to pass -D proxy args additionally to agent java args in startup as in doc

https://docs.appdynamics.com/21.6/en/infrastructure-visibility/machine-agent/configure-the-machine-a... 

I hope that information helps.

Regards,

Arun

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.