cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Trial - docker exec -it rest install-appdynamics fails on login creds FAILS

Grant.Leclerc
Wanderer

Following instructions on installing Pro Trial on MAC platform.

(PS  No forum named AppDynamics Pro Trial Discussion Forum" exists as per email, and earlier email as part of trial suggests emailing selfsupport@appdynamics.com if any issues)

PROBLEM DETAILS:

I am stuck on STEP 3 of the Sample App installation process... I have setup Docker environment on MAC platform... note that Compose is v1.22, embedded with Docker image (not as separate installation) as part of latest release ... although your instructions suggest v1.6 pre-req.

GrantL-MBP:Downloads grantl$ docker-compose -v

docker-compose version 1.22.0, build f46880f

STEP 3:
docker exec -it rest install-appdynamics; docker exec rest start-all

RESULTS:

Using Controller properties from docker-compose.yml

Controller URL = grace20181023#######.saas.appdynamics.com

Controller Port = 443

Account Name = grace20181023#######

Access Key = ########

Downloading Agents from AppDynamics Portal with User: grant@xxxxxx.ca

Password: 

Incorrect Login/Password

Environment not set for AppDynamics Agents: exiting...

Password I am using is for grant@xxxxxx.ca for AppDynamics portal... which I can log in to and see PROFILE & SUBSCRIPTION.   I reset password to test, same issue.

I checked your FAQ... no info.   Tried some other suggestions on trial setup instructions web page... 

Results...

GrantL-MBP:Downloads grantl$ docker-machine start default

Docker machine "default" does not exist. Use "docker-machine ls" to list machines. Use "docker-machine create" to add a new one.

GrantL-MBP:Downloads grantl$ docker-machine ls

NAME   ACTIVE   DRIVER   STATE   URL   SWARM   DOCKER   ERRORS

GrantL-MBP:Downloads grantl$ docker-machine create default

Creating CA: /Users/grantl/.docker/machine/certs/ca.pem

Creating client certificate: /Users/grantl/.docker/machine/certs/cert.pem

Running pre-create checks...

Error with pre-create check: "VBoxManage not found. Make sure VirtualBox is installed and VBoxManage is in the path"

...and...

GrantL-MBP:Downloads grantl$ eval $(docker-machine env)

Error: No machine name(s) specified and no "default" machine exists

Perhaps install script fails on default installation and VirtualBox install (or maybe this did not complete due to AppDynamics environment not being set, as per above)

THOUGHTS?  Next steps?  ...Grant
5 REPLIES 5

Hello Grant,

I have experienced exactly the same issue. I have also spinned of a test environment in Vagrant and on my host with a simple LAMP stack and Wordpress. However, the downloaded agents one for PHP and one for MySql never reported back to the controller. Can't say I am too impressed with the demo/product.

Grant.Leclerc
Wanderer

Hey Jeanie... any updates?

Jeanie.Kedia
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

@Grant.Leclerc @Lukasz.Janiszewski:
We have recently deprecated support for our sample application(s) because of inconsistent experiences like the one you encountered. We encourage you to use our monitoring tool on your own applications. Here is how you get started on Docker Containers: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/CLOUD/Monitoring+Applications+in+Docker+Containers

If you wish to try it on other applications, please log in to "https://<yourURL>.saas.appdynamics.com/", Click on "Home" --> "Getting Started" --> "Getting Started Wizard" and pick one from the available list.

Hope this helps. 

Hello Jeanie,

may you please, advise what is meant by <yourURL> ? which URL, we have to add

https://<yourURL>.saas.appdynamics.com/"

Jeanie.Kedia
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

@Maha.Fouad <yourURL> is the URL that was provided in your "welcome to AppDynamics" email. This is the URL you will use to access the controller.