cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have not received Controller information on Free Trial

Marcelo.Contin

Hello everyone,

I have the same issue as this guy: https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Licensing-including-Trial/I-haven-t-received-controller-info-af...

My email: [Redacted]

My coworker's email (he also has this issue): [Redacted]

Could you guys send us the necessary information to activate the Controller?

Best regards,

Marcelo Contin

^ Post edited to remove the email address. Please don't share your or others' emails on community posts for security and privacy reasons. 

9 REPLIES 9

adam.hinkle
Creator

Hello, I tried to start a free trial so that I can document the steps of installing appdynamics agent to our web app.

I entered my information, and I received only 1 email from appdynamics which was to set up a password, which I did.  

When I login, I can access my account overview page which looks like this.

adamhinkle_0-1674696817239.png

but I cannot find anyway to create or access a controller.  To install appdynamics to my webapp, I need the controller host as well as an access key. How can I get these with the free trial?

Yujie.Zhou
Creator

Hi all,

As mentioned previously, I'm facing the same issue.

Please send the controller activation link to this email: 

Thank you!

^ Post edited by @Ryan.Paredez to remove the email address. Please don't share your or others' emails on community posts for security and privacy reasons. 

Hi @adam.hinkle,

I'm looking into this for you. I'll report back!

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Marcelo.Contin@Yujie.Zhou,

I'm looking into this for you. I will report back here on this thread or send you a Community Private Message. 

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Thank you @Ryan.Paredez , really appreciate it!

thanks @Ryan.Paredez !

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Marcelo.Contin@adam.hinkle@Yujie.Zhou,

I have sent each of you a Private Message in Community with more information. Please check it and let me know if you still have any issues.

Thanks,

Update for future readers:

Ryan looked into it for me, and had the email sent to me with all the information I needed to successfully create appdynamics application and hook up to my webapp. Thanks again Ryan.

Hi @Ryan.Paredez , I have access to the controller now from the link you sent. Thank you so much for the help!