cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EUM Licence Limit Alerting

Andy.Hubert
Producer

Is there a way to set up an alert, or at the very least a scheduled report, for the EUM license limit status so that we get an email if we're approaching the license limit?  We had a situation where we'd hit our max page views but weren't aware until the next day when we went to investigate an issue in an app and saw that we had no EUM data.  I didn't see anything in the Controller Audit that related to licensing.

5 REPLIES 5

Matt.Gaff
Creator

I would love to know the answer to this too as we experienced the same issue as Andrew. 

Hello,

I did some searching and found two different AppD Docs pages that I think could be helpful. 

License Rules API

License Management

I hope these help, do let me know if they do or don't!

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi Ryan,

Unfortunately, it didn't help.

We need some kind of alert when the EUM license limit is reached.

Regards,

Selva T

Hi @Selva.T,

Thanks for letting me know. Let's see if the community can jump in to provide some help. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

That's a tough one. I suppose you can try to create a Health Rule using "User Experience Browser Apps" > Custom Metrics (use any metrics) > With a Condition of End User Experience > and AJAX Requests/Base Pages/Synthetic Jobs/Virtual Pages (Depending on what type it is) and then tell it to alert you when the value, sum, or count reaches a specific threshold?