Learn @ AppD / AppD University

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New in June 2020: Self-service University Subscription Management

Highlighted
AppDynamics Team

As a Company Administrator, how can I manage my University resources?

As the Company Administrator for your organization, would you like to know what AppDynamics University products your company holds?  Or how many Premium seats are being used and who those seats are assigned to? Learn how you will be able to manage your AppDynamics University subscriptions on accounts.appdynamics.com starting June 2020!  

Table of Contents

Who can assign users to a voucher?

Only users with the Company Administrator role have the ability to allocate user accounts and view and assign Premium University subscription vouchers. If your company has a Standard or Enterprise subscription, all registered users in your company account will have access to their subscription when logging into UniversityExpired University resources will be displayed in grayed-out text and unassignable.

Can I assign another user in my organization to manage the vouchers?

Yes, Company Admins can assign another user as a Company Admin if needed. Follow the steps outlined under How do I edit users in my account in our Knowledge Base article on How do I manage accounts.appdynamics.com users as an Admin?

How do I view or assign users to my Premium University subscription?

View who is utilizing your Premium University subscription(s) by following the steps below: 

1. Navigate to accounts.appdynamics.com/resources.
  2. Under the University section, Company Admins can see which AppDynamics University products are available to their organization.
  3. Click on the link of utilized seats under the Voucher Code to assign users and see who has already been assigned to the Premium University subscription.
    Click the seats activated link under the Voucher Code to manage users for your Premium University subscriptionClick the seats activated link under the Voucher Code to manage users for your Premium University subscription

Assign users to a Premium University subscription by following the steps shown below:
    Click the Assign Users" button, add the new user's email in the popup field, then click SaveClick the Assign Users" button, add the new user's email in the popup field, then click Save

After clicking Save, each new user will receive a Welcome email on how to get started with
    AppDynamics University.

How do I add a new user to User Management? 

Follow the instructions outlined under How do I add users to my company account?

What does the users’ status mean? 

At this time, the user status displayed for assigned Premium University matches the user’s status reflected in the User Management page and is not specific to University.  If the status shows a “Pending” state, this means the user has not completed their account and logged in.

How do I view or assign users to my Standard and/or Enterprise University subscriptions?

Standard and Enterprise University are automatically assigned to users of your organization. Users can simply log in to their account at  AppDynamics University to access the courses included with their subscription.

Note: Users need to be associated with your company account before they can be granted University access. Check Accounts -> User Management to verify users' association with your company account. If this is a new concept for you, see How do I find users in my company account? 

To get usage information for your Standard and Enterprise subscriptions, please reach out to education@appdynamics.com. We’re planning to make this information available for customers soon!

What about Exam Vouchers, Workshop Vouchers, or Private Training days?  

All purchased University resources will be displayed in accounts.appdynamics.com/resources. Exam Vouchers, Workshop Vouchers, and Private Training days cannot be displayed at this time. 

• Exam Vouchers are redeemed at the time of exam registration. More information on AppDynamics Certifications can be found on our AppDynamics Certifications Page.
  • Workshop Vouchers are redeemed at the time of scheduling a session after filling out this form.
  • Private Training days can be requested via this form.

— Watch this space for updates! —

How do I remove a user from a voucher? 

For Premium University subscriptions, please contact Education to remove or re-assign a user for you.

For Standard and Enterprise subscriptions, a Company Admin will need to disable the user from their account if they're no longer with the company. More information can be found here.

How do I view the University subscriptions I’m assigned to if I’m not a Company Admin?

You can check your University subscription access in My Profile under the Assigned Resources section. All AppDynamics customers have access to a Standard University subscription. You can access your subscription by signing into University.

If you’re looking for access to a Premium University subscription, contact your AppDynamics Company Admin to gain access.
Look for your University Premium Subscription under Personal Summary, Assigned ResourcesLook for your University Premium Subscription under Personal Summary, Assigned Resources

How do I get more support regarding my AppDynamics University Vouchers?

As shown in the screenshot below, click on Contact University team to submit an inquiry form that connects you to our operations team. You can also contact education@appdynamics.com directly if you have additional questions about your subscriptions.

Click the kebab menu on the top right to contact the University TeamClick the kebab menu on the top right to contact the University Team

Tell us what you think! Share your questions and comments, below.

Updated 6/15/2020

New in June 2020: Self-service University Subscription Management