Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZOS Mainframe GA

SOLVED
Highlighted
Explorer

ZOS Mainframe GA

Hello

I have an AppDynamics customer who is interested in an over all Enterprise view that includes the major mainframe subsystems - DB2, CICS, IMS, and MQ (all mainframe software).

Is the AppDynamics software GA for these mainframe views?  If you could also provide minimum mainframe software release levels?  If not GA, are some available? antcipated dates?

Jason Andersen

845 521-2470

ZOS Mainframe GA
2 REPLIES 2
Employee Alumni (Retired)

Re: ZOS Mainframe GA

Hi @Jason.Andersen

Thank you for posting your question on the AppDynamics Community.

For information on our mainframe monitoring capabilities, please see Mainframe Visibility with IBM z APM Connect.

Currently, we do not support DB2 on Z/OS.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have further queries.

Thanks,
Radhika P

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.
Employee Alumni (Retired)

Re: ZOS Mainframe GA

The IBM Z APM Connect product has been out since December and several customers use it and many more are evaluating using it. We have added additional support and release new functionality quarterly with the IBM team. I am happy to engage with you.

Let me correct, we actually support DB2 calls from IBM Z APM Connect, along with following calls to DB2 from other agents such as Java and .NET. What @Radhika.Puthiyetath is referring to is our Database Visibility product (monitoring) which does not yet support DB2 on Z/OS, but it's something the team is looking into.

Thanks.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.