Latest Release

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors only exist for a day

Hi, 

we were upgraded to 4.5 yesterday and now we can only see errors for the last day. If we try and view more we get the following message:

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 09.38.38.png

Viewing errors over a prelonged period of time is one of the most basic features I would expect from any decent monitoring tool, and was by far the most used by us when we use appd to help identify and resolve issues, which is the point of using the tool in the first place. Am I getting more errors today than yesterday? I don't know! 

We've had several support teams complain to us about this within the first few hours of the upgrade taking place. It doesn't appear in the release notes either so you've basically massively reduced the value of the tool without telling anyone. This is incredibly stupid and I'm amazed we weren't informed the tool would be significantly less useful after the upgrade. 

Please can you let us know when we will be getting this view back?

For all other customers beware! The 4.5.2 upgrade looks good, but means you can't view errors in your application for more than the last day, significantly reducing the point of the tool!

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES

Re: Errors only exist for a day

Support have updated our ticket to say this is a bug and fixed in 4.5.4. People might want to wait for that version before upgrading to 4.5!

Hi Ivan,

1) In admin.jsp :(https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Access+the+Administration+Console)

setting "disable.historic.transactional.flow:" to "false" if it is set to "true"  in "controller settings" used to enable this 

2) But in 4.5.2 even with this property set to false there was an issue loading the flowmaps beyond 24 hours. This is being fixed as part of jira UIADMIN-1238 with high priority.

Regards,

Saradhi

Highlighted

We're a SaaS customer and on 4.5.2 so we're stuck with this bug. I'm pretty frustrated with the fact the bug appears to have been known before we had our upgrade scheduled yet we weren't informed of this obvious flaw.  

Community Manager

@Ivan.Merrill wrote:

Support have updated our ticket to say this is a bug and fixed in 4.5.4. People might want to wait for that version before upgrading to 4.5!

v4.5.4 is now generally available, the bug, has been fixed:

UIADMIN-1238 Unable to view exception details for more than one day

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/AppDynamics+App+iQ+Platform+Notes