Latest Release

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.5.2 upgrade woes

4.5.2 upgrade woes

We've upgraded to 4.5.2, and to be honest I'm beginning to wish we hadn't. Not only do we not get errors past a day old, so I can't tell if my application has more errors today than yesterday (see here) but dashboards with widgets created by people no longer with the company no longer work either. Again this isn't on any of the release notes I've seen. 

This is another surprising change. Given that appd offers services, and this often includes people coming into companies briefly and making dashboards as a large part of the work, you're basically removing the value a company paid you for. That's before we even get to the fact people move on. 

Are there any plans to remove this new 'feature'? Will you be releasing a tool to help us migrate the many dashboards we have that are affected? We now can't look at errors beyond a day old and can't get data on many of our dsahboards. The value of appdynamics diminishes...

For those not on 4.5.2 yet be aware!!!

4.5.2 upgrade woes
6 REPLIES
Creator

Re: 4.5.2 upgrade woes

Thanks Ivan for the heads-up.....This is a concern for our company also, as we are wanting to upgrade to V4.5.2 prior to Xmas, but we are now wary of this. I have escalated this to our Customer Success manager to understand the broader impacts and when a fix is likely.

Highlighted

Our support ticket has been updated to suggest that the errors issue (only seeing errors for the last day) is a bug and will be fixed in 4.5.4. No idea on release dates for that as yet. Other customers may want to wait for this version...

Producer

Its a BUG?????????

How can that be? surely this software goes through rigorous testing before release? Or does it!

Waiting for the next update is a bit of a poor show, surely this should be added to affected controllers as a remediation ASAP!

Today we've noticed something else - it appears all licensing rules now enfore a 1:1 ratio of APM:Machine agent licenses for machine agents i.e you can't have less machine agent licenses than APM licenses in a license rule. This means that if you run multiple JVMs on a machine (as we do in places) then you need to add unnecessary machine agent licenses to the rule. 

We use the standalone machine agent to run custom extensions (MQ etc) on machines without APM licenses so overall it generally equals out whereby some license pools have more APM than machine agent licenses and others vice versa. This doesn't appear to be possible any more as you can't create or edit and save license pools with more APM than machine agent licenses. We'll be operating a policy of leaving these pools alone until this issue get fixed!

Creator

@Ivan.Merrill Had a notification through stating that our test controller will be upgraded to V4.5.4 on 20th November, so looks like it should be GA very soon. Watch this space !

I have not seen any docs to say which bugs have been fixed with this version, or if any new ones identified. 

Community Manager

@Jason.Locke v4.5.4  has now gone live. You may find release highlights and links to release notes here