cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajendra.Nautiyal
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

How do I solve an issue where my SIM/Machine Agent isn't capturing metrics, or showing them in the Network tab?

Problem

SIM/Machine Agent is not capturing Network metrics, and we are not seeing metrics in the Network tab

no-network-data-Found.png

Troubleshooting network metrics

1. First, check to see whether third-party interface multiplexors or any NIC card configuration is being used.

If this is the case,  SIM does not currently handle third-party interfaces or NIC card configuration, so the blank page under the Network tab would be expected.

2. If the Network metrics are still not being monitored, try switching to Sigar API. However, this option means we will lose all of the SIM functionality.

Comments
Sai.Venkatesh
New Poster

I have a scenario where Network metrics are not displayed where i have installed AppDynamics Machine agent in a container. Can someone suggest solution?

Rajendra.Nautiyal
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Sai,

Can you please raise a support ticket with machine agent debug logs?

Please edit the file <MachineAgent>/conf/logging/log4j.xml. Change the level value of the following <logger> elements to debug.

<logger name="com.singularity"

<logger name="com.appdynamics"

Please let it run for 10 mins and then zip and upload the All the logs in the directory MachineAgent/logs/*

Version history
Last update:
‎04-20-2021 10:59 AM
Updated by: