Watch this space for updates throughout the month
Want to be notified when new product updates are posted?
Subscribe to Monthly Product Updates today!
Learn how to subscribe here.
Our free virtual customer conference, Transform 2021 AMER, has wrapped—but its content will be available on-demand for 90 days.
Regional Transform 2021 events are yet to begin. Sign up!
EMEA March 9-10 | APAC March 11-12
Table of Contents
In February, we released the 21.2.0 Controller and Enterprise Console as well as key product enhancements and agent updates. We also resolved a series of issues associated with the previous release.
What highlights should I know about?
These release highlights include the newest features and capabilities at-a-glance this month. In the grid below, we’ve flagged who may be most interested or impacted in your organization for each enhancement.
- This month’s Experience Journey Maps (ExJM) enhancements provide you with more granular insights into your application’s digital experience. (Released February 22, 2021)
You’ll have the ability to:
- Our database monitoring capabilities now include enhancements for monitoring the MS SQL cluster instances and use the SRV Record option for MongoDB. (Released February 22, 2021)
- Leverage the new Gauge widget in Dash Studio to visualize application and ADQL data. Plus, you can compare performance across different time ranges in the Metric Number widget. (Released February 22, 2021)
Ease of Use
- Our Agent Installer includes a new watchdog process to monitor and ensure that agents are running properly. Additionally, the Agent Installer now supports the Machine Agent (for non-sudo installations). (Released February 22, 2021)
- The updated Java Agent adds a new property that allows you to truncate the length of SQL statements. For more information, see App Agent Node Properties. (Released February 15, 2021)
- The Synthetics Monitoring Hosted Agent now supports Chrome browser version 86. (Released February 16, 2021)
- The new Database Agent collects additional Couchbase metrics. (Released February 17, 2021)
- The updated Android Agent includes API enhancements that allow you to disable the agent to stop sending user data to the collector and disable crash reporting. (Released February 18, 2021)
- We introduced an enhancement that includes an environment variable to set a unique host ID for your PHP Agents. (Released February 24, 2021)
- Our new .NET agent has been optimized for improving Async Task and Netviz socket tracking and now also supports CosmosBD for .NET Core on Windows. (Released February 24, 2021)
- Our latest version of the Cluster Agent is now available on the 0.6.7 version of the operator. Find the list of supported operators in the Cluster Agent and the Operator Compatibility Matrix documentation. (Released February 24, 2021)
- The Analytics Agent has been upgraded to include several additions to our third-party libraries. For a full list, check out our technical release documentation. (Released February 25, 2021)
- Our Machine Agent has been updated and certified to work with the following (Released February 25, 2021):
- org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-server 9.4.36.v20210114
- org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-servlet 9.4.36.v20210114
- org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-servlets 9.4.36.v20210114
- org.bouncycastle:bcprov-jdk15on 1.68
- commons-net:commons-net 3.7.2
- commons-codec:commons-codec 1.15
- commons-validator:commons-validator 1.7
- io.dropwizard:dropwizard-jetty 2.0.18
- io.dropwizard:dropwizard-util 2.0.18
- com.google.guava:guava 30.1-jre
- com.fasterxml.jackson.* 2.12.1
- io.fabric8:kubernetes-client 4.13.1
System Administration Updates
NOTE: you will only see the updated interface
once you have moved to the new licensing model.
- We released an enhancement that improves how administrators create users, and also updates our password policies. These changes are meant to improve security while laying the groundwork for new capabilities that will be rolled out in the near future. Check out the Changes to User Creation and Password Policy FAQ for details. (Released February 22, 2021)
- As of January 2021, the download.appdynamics.com URL redirects to your Accounts page at accounts.appdynamics.com/downloads. By moving Downloads to Accounts, users will have a personalized, centralized experience. Read the Download Artifacts from Accounts - FAQ to learn more. (Released January 27, 2021)
To view all technical documentation associated with this month’s releases, please visit Product Announcements, Alerts, and Hot Fixes in our documentation portal.
Heads up - What else you should know
- On February 4th, we announced new capabilities that allow you to protect your business-critical applications at runtime by using AppDynamics with Cisco Secure Application. Built in collaboration with Cisco Security, Secure Application drastically simplifies vulnerability management and protects against attacks and threats in real-time.
Secure Application is available in our early access program. Please email SecureApp@appdynamics.com if you’re interested.
- We’ve updated and refreshed our upgrade checklists— a helpful review prior to an upgrade. Please check out the main article, How do I get started with upgrading my AppDynamics components for any release?. It contains links to the whole series.
- We've opened a new Share a tip space, where the AppD community can exchange peer-to-peer advice. Find those small adjustments that make a big difference, and add your own insights too.
- Have a great product idea? Contribute to the AppDynamics Community Idea Exchange. You will be able to submit your ideas, as well as vote on or discuss ideas from other community members.
To participate, sign in to the community and look for the Idea Exchange button in the top navigation. See Idea Exchange Guidelines for more details. We hope to see you there, adding your stamp to our next steps.
Share your feedback! Participate in a Beta today
We’re currently running two Beta programs and looking for your feedback:
The following list notes key issues that were resolved this month. To see a complete listing of this month's resolved issues, see Resolved and Known Issues heading on the Release Notes page.
- Clicking DB drilldown in snapshot results in a blank page. (DBMON-7373)
- "Purge historical" failed pods after a certain limit. (CLUSTERMON-2209)
- “otherHostVCPUs” value is too large for the Controller DB table “sim_machine_property”. (CLUSTERMON-2060)
- NPE in “BtServiceImpl#registerDeleteMdsBtEntityTransactionListener” is not allowing to purge applications & BT's. (SVCMON-1303)
- Searching for snapshots gives inaccurate results for Standard TimeRange under Transaction Snapshot. (DIAGPLAT-1080)
PLEASE NOTE: customers are advised to check backward compatibility
in the Agent and Controller Compatibility documentation.
Download Essential Components
(Agents, Enterprise Console, Controller (on-prem), Events Service, EUM Components)
Download Additional Components (SDKs, Plugins, etc.)
How do I get started upgrading my AppDynamics components for any release?
Product Announcements, Alerts, and Hot Fixes
AppDynamics is switching to calendar versioning, Why?
License Entitlements and Restrictions
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Need more assistance?
Ask a question in the Latest Release forum.