Watch this space for updates.
Want to be notified when new product updates are posted?
Learn how to subscribe here.
In August, we released the v20.8.0 Controller and Enterprise Console as well as key product enhancements and agent updates. We also resolved a series of issues associated with the previous release.
Table of Contents
Heads Up - What Else You Should Know
Ask a Question
What highlights should I know about?
These release highlights include the newest features and capabilities at-a-glance this month. In the grid below, we’ve flagged who may be most interested or impacted in your organization by each enhancement.
- We have deepened our Kubernetes troubleshooting capabilities, allowing users to drill down from health problems on the dashboard to the relevant underlying events. (Released August 26, 2020)
- We have improved the troubleshooting capabilities of our AWS Lambda agent to have parity with our other APM agents, including monitoring functions written in Python. These additional capabilities include improving coldstart times and avoiding event loss at startup, making improvements to the CI/CD pipeline and ensuring tracer APIs can support provisioned concurrency. (Released August 27, 2020)
Ease of Use
Dash Studio now supports dashboards reflecting error rates, database/remote services, events and event lists. (Released August 31, 2020)
System Admin Updates
Heads up – What else you should know
- As of August 2020, AppDynamics Java users no longer need to choose between dynamic instrumentation and performance when running on IBM JVM. The newer releases for Java 8 don't exhibit the same performance penalty when class retransformation is enabled. Find out more here.
AppDynamics received FedRAMP authorization at the moderate impact level in June 2020. If you are a government customer and are interested in leveraging the FedRAMP authorized SaaS solution, learn more and get in touch here.
Your AppDynamics Certification exams have moved! Beginning on July 28, 2020, the AppDynamics Certifications Program is transitioning to a new process for candidates that is temporarily independent of our new AppDynamics University experience.
This is the first step in a longer-term, multi-stage migration plan as our platforms evolve and we strive to provide you with more effective services. If you have previously received a registration confirmation for your exam, please see How to register for and access AppDynamics certification exams.
Share your feedback! Participate in a Beta today
We’re currently running three Beta programs and looking for your feedback:
The following list notes key issues that were resolved this month. To see a complete listing of this month's resolved issues, see Resolved Issues by Month.
- The Controller does not display any data when you open the Metric Browser for the first time (DBMON-7111)
- The Controller upgrade no longer fails using Windows version (ECONSOLE06083)
- MDS connection pools no longer ignore JDBC parameters in domain.xml (METADATA-9384)
- Controller changes made all reports fail if any had scheduling fails on startup (REPORTS-791)
- Time changes randomly in the "Custom Time" range component (TMNT-720)
Dashboard and Health Status
- Upon clicking the ”View Dashboard During Health Rule Violation" for a BT, you are redirected to a non-existing entity with the id "-1" (ALERT-6761)
- When you access a health rule using the health status widget on the dashboard, Application with id:-1 does not exist error is displayed (ALERT-6860)
Please note: customers are advised to check backward compatibility in the Agent and Controller Compatibility documentation.
Download Essential Components (Agents, Enterprise Console, Controller (on-prem), Events Service, EUM Components)
Download Additional Components (SDKs, Plugins, etc.)
How do I get started upgrading my AppDynamics components for any release?
Product Announcements, Alerts, and Hot Fixes
AppDynamics is switching to calendar versioning, Why?
License Entitlements and Restrictions
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Need more assistance?
Ask a question in the Latest Release forum.