cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah.Kilpatrick
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

What do I need to know about submitting a Support ticket?

Contents

Where can I find answers before submitting a Support ticket?

AppDynamics has a wealth of documentation, articles, and training available. You may find the answer to your question in one of the resources available at www.appdynamics.com/support.

Learn more about these information resources in A Guide to AppDynamics Help Resources 

Back to Contents

How do I submit a Support ticket?

Revised May 3, 2021

1. Go to www.appdynamics.com/support and click Support Portal.
    AppDynamics-Signin-Support Portal@2x.png
  2. Sign in with your AppDynamics username and password.

3. Open the ticket entry form by clicking the Create New Request tab under My Activities.
    Support ticket #2.png

The Submit a request form will open.
    Find AppDynamics' Zendesk Support request form at Home > Submit a requestFind AppDynamics' Zendesk Support request form at Home > Submit a request

4. Choose your ticket priority from the drop-down: Low, Normal, High, or Urgent.
    [Support request form] Each priority in the drop-down shows a tooltip description[Support request form] Each priority in the drop-down shows a tooltip description

Hover over the info button for definitions of each priority level.
    [Support request form] Hover over the information button for a summary of priority descriptions[Support request form] Hover over the information button for a summary of priority descriptions

5. From the drop-down, you will select the general AppDynamics application area where you are experiencing a problem.
    [Support request form] Choose the AppDynamics product area where you're experiencing an issue[Support request form] Choose the AppDynamics product area where you're experiencing an issue

6. Click and select the type of problem you're experiencing from the drop-down.
    [Support request form]  From the drop-down, choose the kind of issue you're experiencing[Support request form] From the drop-down, choose the kind of issue you're experiencing
  7. If relevant to your issue, select your Controller version from the drop-down.
    [Support request form]  OPTIONAL - If applicable, indicate your Controller version[Support request form] OPTIONAL - If applicable, indicate your Controller version

8. Under Subject, type a concise and meaningful description of your issue.
  9. Describe your issue, including the details of your request.

Don't forget to include contextual information like technical and impacts, reproduction steps, and what you have already attempted. See the  What are some tips for creating a Support ticket section, below:

You can hover over the information icon to learn more.
    [Support request form]  Add emails for people you want to be notified, as well as supporting documents[Support request form] Add emails for people you want to be notified, as well as supporting documents

10. Need to include others in ticket-oriented conversations? Add their email addresses in the cc field.

11. Finally, browse or drag relevant screenshots, documents, and logs into the Attachments box.

12. When complete, click the Submit button.
    [Support request form] Finish by adding emails of those you want notified of progress, and upload supporting documentation before you click the Submit button[Support request form] Finish by adding emails of those you want notified of progress, and upload supporting documentation before you click the Submit button

Back to Contents

What are some tips for creating a support ticket?

• Select the correct component to streamline ticket routing and response
  • Select the appropriate priority based on the ticket priority table
  • Provide as much detail as possible
    • Subject should be meaningful and descriptive
      Unclear Subject: Clear Subject:
      Urgent Issue- Need Help! Controller not starting up after upgrade

• The Description should include
    • Issue/problem/question
    • Technical impact/background
    • Business impact/background
    • Reproduction steps
    • Actions you've already taken
    • Additional information that may be helpful in resolving your issue

• Ensure that the ticket contains the correct version information for the agent and Controller as applicable
  • For agent-based issues, provide the log & configuration directories
  • For on-premises Controller issues, provide the log directory

Back to Contents

Who can submit a support ticket?

Only users in your organization who are designated as Authorized Support Contacts have the ability to submit Support tickets. Your order form may indicate a maximum number of Authorized Support Contacts for your service level.

Company AppDynamics Administrators can designate these contacts in the Portal. If you need the ability to submit Support tickets, work with your current Administrator to gain Portal access. Once you’ve been granted permission, you will receive an email notification with a link to Portal and account details. For detailed instructions, please see How do I manage Accounts Management Portal users as an Admin?

Back to Contents

Why am I receiving an error when accessing the Support Portal?

If you clicked the Support Portal link and receive a “Permission Denied” error (as shown in the screenshot below), it means that you are not an Authorized Support Contact. Only Authorized Support Contacts can submit Support tickets.

Please contact your AppDynamics Administrator(s) to gain additional access or to have an AppDynamics Support ticket filed on your behalf. If you do not know who to contact within your organization, we recommend starting with your Company's IT department.

Permission_denied.PNG

Back to Contents

How do I choose the appropriate ticket priority?

The ticket priority is based on our SLA, which can be found in your EULA. The EULA is the definitive document with regards to SLAs. This table provides a more detailed summary of definitions for support categorization.

PRIORITY

CRITERIA

Urgent

• End-User production application is down, or there is a major malfunction resulting in a business revenue loss and impacting the End User application functionality for a majority of users. Furthermore, ongoing full loss visibility through AppDynamics monitoring because of agent or (SaaS or on-premises) Controller issues.

PLEASE NOTE When the ongoing production impacting issue has been resolved, the support team will downgrade the ticket to "High".
The resolution of the production issue can be a fix or a workaround, where the workaround could also be to temporarily disable the agent(s). AppDynamics only tracks issues as urgent as long as the customer is directly impacted by them. As soon as the root cause has been addressed or a workaround has been implemented, the ticket's priority will be lowered to High.

High

• Minor to significant loss of End User application functionality or performance, impacting the application functionality for a high number of users.
  • Additionally, any significant loss of visibility through the AppDynamics monitoring because of agent issues within existing functionality or because of (SaaS or on-premise) controller issues.

Normal

• Non-critical loss or impact to the monitored (production or pre-production) application. Furthermore, feature request, or request for assistance solving a specific monitoring need.

Low

• Questions or issues with low priority

Back to Contents

How do I see all of my company’s tickets?

From the My Activities screen of the Support Portal, click Organization requests.

Organization Support Tickets.png

Back to Contents

Comments
Ahmed.Zarad
Producer

Dears, 

Is there a way to escalate the support for a specific support request? It's been open for along time with no progress.

Also, the support agent is wasting the time and his behavior isn't professional 

Jeanie.Kedia
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

@Ahmed.Zarad thanks for the question, please work with your AppD representative to escalate your support ticket and to give feedback, this will ensure Support takes action. 

If you do not know who your AppD representative is then please work with your AppD administrator (if you are not the Admin) who will have this information. The Admin can escalate to the AppD rep and follow the process through. 

Is there any way to update a support case which has already created by another Engineer in the same organization?

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Sajin.Mathew George,

Sorry for the late reply. In this case, in order for that to happen, this other person would need to be CC'd on the Support ticket. That would mean they are also getting email updates when the ticket is updated by someone in your org or by AppDynamics. 

I believe if this person is not already CC'd on the ticket, the original ticket creator could update the case asking for that other person to be added. 

I hope this helps. 

Version history
Last update:
‎01-06-2022 04:59 PM
Updated by: