cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gaurav.Soni
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Consider the following scenarios:

• You have an on-premises multi-tenant controller and a EUM server (on-prem or SaaS).
  • You have one EUM license with 10 units. You want to split an assigned number of units to a new tenant. 

To split EUM units and provision the EUM licenses, ask the Sales team for a EUM license with <x> number of units. They will usually give you two licenses.

First license: The previous license with the old EUM account name and access key, but with updated units = 10 - x
Second License:   Contains the new EUM account name and access key, but with units = x

Be sure to leave the EUM account name or access key of the previous license unchanged. Such changes may cause a change in the EUM app-key in the application associated with the previous EUM account.

Once you get both licenses, provision them on your EUM server, as follows.

How do I provision licenses on a EUM server?

Licenses need to be provisions on SaaS. On-premises customers, skip to the  How do I provision EUM licenses on a multi-tenant Controller UI section below.

1. Got o the EUM server (remotely hosted). 
  2. Provision both licenses one by one on the EUM server using the following command:
$> cd EUM/eum-processor
$> ./bin/provision-license.sh <PATH TO LICENSE>

See the instructions for provisioning EUM licenses here. Then, once the license is provisioned on the EUM server, proceed with the following steps:

How do I provision EUM licenses for accounts on a multi-tenant Controller UI?

1. Navigate to the Administration page of your on-premise Controller: http(s)://<hostname>:<port>/controller/admin.jsp
  2. Click Accounts.
  3. Select the account name that you want to provision EUM for and click Edit.
  4. Scroll down to the End User Monitoring (EUM) panel.
  5. From the Browser Real User Monitoring section:
    1. Copy the EUM license key from your license file into the EUM License Key field.
    2. From the License Type drop-down, select a license type (EUM Lite or EUM Pro).
    3. Enter your allotted Browser RUM units into the Browser RUM Units Licensed field.
    4. Set overages from the Allow Overages drop-down.
  6. Complete the steps above for the Mobile Real User Monitoring section.
  7. Click Save.

Complete the 7 steps above for both (or all) tenant accounts.

Comments
Jan.Madsen
Voyager

Well this is working for the old license key model.

But does not match the RUM Peak license model !!

Howto add the Analytics licenses from a RUM Peak key to the controller, when we have multiple account_names !!

Claudia.Landivar
Community Manager

Hi, @Jan.Madsen  — I'm looking for a subject-matter expert to resolve your question.

Claudia Landivar

Community Manager & Editor

Claudia.Landivar
Community Manager

Hello, @Jan.Madsen:

The subject-matter expert who can best help with your question needs some additional information. I've sent you a private message with the details.

Check the drop-down under your profile image, located to the right of the navigation bar. Looking forward to connecting to get you some help.

Claudia Landivar

Community Manager & Editor

Version history
Last update:
‎07-13-2022 04:52 PM
Updated by: