Knowledge Base

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I invite existing users to my organization's Portal account?

Table of Contents

Overview

Invite an existing user

Overview

Company Administrators (not available for self-service trials) have the ability to manage user access for their organization’s AppDynamics Portal. Once a user has been invited to Portal, they can access different pages on Portal, submit Support tickets, download AppDynamics Software with cURL, and manage their own profiles. There are two ways a Company Admin can bring users into their organization:

1. Adding a new user
  2. Inviting an existing user

The workflow a Company Administrator will most likely use is the Add new user process outlined in this separate article. However, if you had tried adding a user and received the error “The user you are trying to add already exists in the system. You can invite users to join your organization from user listing page,” that user already has an AppDynamics account with that email address. In this situation, you would use the Invite an existing user workflow below.

new_user.png

Invite an existing user

1. After logging into AppDynamics.com, mouse over your name in the top-right corner of the page, and click the Manage Users link to reach the Users page.

Click Manage Users.png

2. From the user page, click the Invite Users button.

Invite_user_btn.png

3. A window will pop up asking you to invite a user to your organization. Fill the form and click on Send

Invite button.

invite_user_form.png

4. This sends out an invitation to the email addresses indicated. When a recipient clicks the invitation link, they will be registered to the account and taken to the Account page. For instructions on how to accept the invitation, see: How do I accept an invite to Portal or the License Team?

Version history
Revision #:
16 of 16
Last update:
a month ago
Updated by:

Labels (1)