How do you change the Controller username for a Controller install for Linux on-premise?
To change the AppDynamics username complete the following steps:
- Ensure that all AppDynamics processes are stopped.
- Obtain the username and group name for the AppDynamics install.
- Edit in the AppDynamics username into the db.cnf: 'user' option.
- Run the following commands:
cd <controller install>; chown -R <AppD username>:<AppD groupname>
- Restart AppDynamics processes.
- If the HA Toolkit is installed, then install the Linux services as root:
cd HA; ./install-init.sh -s OR ./install-init.sh -c # to match earlier choice
Note that changing the install directory is basically a re-install.