Knowledge Base

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I update a MAC Address when I need to move my Controller and its license?

Table of Contents

Overview

How can I update the machine associated with my license?

How do I work with MAC address change limits?

Overview

AppDynamics licenses for on-premises Controllers are tied to the MAC address of the machine on which the Controller is installed. In rare cases, you may need to move the Controller and its license to a new machine. In such an event, you can update the MAC address associated with your license.

How can I update the machine associated with my license?

Step 1 - Login to Appdynamics.

Step 2 -  After login, click on your name displayed on the top-right corner and then click on Subscriptions.

ss26.jpg

Step 3 - On the subscriptions page, conduct a search by entering your on-premise license ID. When the corresponding subscription appears, click on it's name.

ss15.jpg

Step 4 - Click on the License details tab.

ss22.jpg

Step 5 - Once you are on the License Details page, click on the Manage License Users button.

ss23.jpg

Step 6 -The License User Management page will open in a new tab with the targeted (on-premise) license selected.

ss24.jpg

Step 7 - Scroll down below the My Subscriptions table and click on the Mac Address History button. The MAC address will appear. Then, click on the corresponding Edit link, as shown in the screenshot below.

ss17.jpg

Step 8 - Update the field with the new machine's MAC Address and click on the Save button.

ss18.jpg

Step 9 - Look for the change confirmation message: "Your MAC address has been updated successully".

ss21.jpg

How do I work with MAC address change limits?

It is important to note that the MAC Address can be changed up to 3 times within a 12-month period.

If you need to change it again, you will need to contact your account owner. 

ss20.jpg

Version history
Revision #:
13 of 13
Last update:
Friday
Updated by:

Labels (1)
0 Kudos