cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael.Perlstein
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Problem Description:

I upgraded EUM/Events/Controller from 4.2.4.1 to 4.2.10.0 but found some discrepancies with EUM. I found some weird app keys in my console.

While troubleshooting, I attempted to restart with some new jvm options, but am now getting a new error:

21 Dec 2016 22:41:59.189 +0000 main AD.ALL ERROR 
| Error Starting EUM Processor Server 
| java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: bulk update event type=MobileSessionRecord failed!!! url=http://appd-events-service-cluster.example.com:9080/v2/events/MobileSessionRecord/_bulk, key=YmNkMz... 
| {"statusCode":401,"code":"Role.Unauthorized","message":"The supplied auth information is for a role which does not have access to this resource.","developerMessage":""}

I tried uninstalling EUM and Events but I am receiving this error whenever 4.2.10.0 EUM tries to talk to 4.2.10.0 events that was installed with platform-admin.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Obtain copy of the eum.properties file off of EUM Server.

2. Obtain copy of events-service-api-store.properties file from Events Service nodes

3. Obtain values associated with the Controller Settings. appdynamics.analytics.local.store.controller.key, appdynamics.analytics.server.store.controller.key, and appdynamics.es.eum.key from your Controller's admin.jsp page.

4. Confirm that ad.accountmanager.key.eum is different than ad.accountmanager.key.controller in your events-service-api-store.properties file.

Supporting Files:

Picture1.png

Picture3.png

Picture2.png

Solution:

1. Please update ad.accountmanager.key.eum​ in your events-service-api-store.properties file so that it doesn't match any of ad.accountmanager.key.controller. Changing one character at the end of the GUID should suffice.

2. Please update appdynamics.es.eum.key in the admin.jsp to use the updated GUID in step 1.
3. Please update analytics.accountAccessKey in your eum.properties file to use the updated GUID in step 1.
4. Restart Events Service cluster via Platform Admin
5. Start EUM Server

Version history
Last update:
‎10-20-2018 02:00 PM
Updated by: