Knowledge Base

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppDynamics University FAQs - Learning Activities and Sign Up

This article answers frequently asked questions about the different types of learning activities available in AppDynamics University, our e-learning platform, and how to sign up for them.

For answers to FAQs pertaining to the University registration process, subscriptions, and training units, click here.

FAQs:

What are the different types of learning activities I can enroll in?

There are four types of learning activities you can enroll in:

• Instructor Led Courses: Learning activities led by a live instructor. This includes both classroom instructor-led training (ILT) and virtual training (VILT). 
  • Self-Paced Courses: These learning activities are taken online at your own pace and include video tutorials, demonstrations, and simulations. Courses contain a pre-defined group of topics to be taken in sequence.
  • Tracks: Represent a series of recommended learning activities to support you in performing the duties associated with your role.
  • Certification Exams: Provide formal recognition that you have demonstrated knowledge and proficiency to perform specific jobs or tasks related to AppDynamics.

How can I search for a course?

To search for a course, first go to learn.appdynamics.com and log in to your subscription. Training is organized into role-based learning tracks which highlight the most important courses for your specific job: Implementer, Administrator, Performance Analyst, and Developer.

You can also search for individual courses using the free text field or filter the course catalog by training type, role, technology, product/feature, and activity.

I have a subscription. Where can I register for courses?  

Once you’ve registered for University following the steps outlined here, you can log in and access content at https://learn.appdynamics.com. Courses will be denoted with a Self Paced or Instructor-led label. Instructor-led courses are available with a Premium subscription.

• If you have a Standard University subscription, you can register for any self-paced course. To sign up for a self-paced course, simply click on the course name, select the Self Paced course option, then click Register.
  • If you have a Premium University subscription, you have access to both self-paced and public instructor-led courses. To register for an instructor-led one, click on the course name, select the date and time, then click Register. Review the course details, then click the blue “Register” button in the top-right corner.

How do I get private instructor-led training?

We offer private online instructor-led training for groups of up to 12 participants. If you would like to sign up for private instructor-led training, please contact your Account Manager.

How do I use my training units?

Though no longer available for purchase, you can still redeem unspent training units. Please contact your Account Manager.

If I finish a course, can I take it again?

Yes. You can enroll in self-paced courses and topics as many times as you’d like. If you have an AppDynamics Premium University subscription, you can enroll in instructor-led courses as often as you need.

What if I have more issues signing up for a learning activity?  

If you have any issues accessing the courses you need, email education@appdynamics.com.

Version history
Revision #:
5 of 5
Last update:
‎08-05-2019 09:52 AM
Updated by:

Labels (1)