cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erin
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

What kind of alerts and data behavior can I expect during SaaS maintenance?

AppDynamics makes new releases available every 6 weeks. Our goal is for all customers to be on the latest release so they have access to the latest features and fixes.

Note: You must have a current contract for access to SaaS maintenance.

Table of Contents

What do I need to know about build configuration?

AppDynamics will strive to upgrade your pre-production Controller before your production Controller.

For older Controller environments with mixed pre-production and production Controllers in the same environment, we are not always able to upgrade pre-production first.

When are the maintenance windows in my region?

The following table shows all maintenance windows, by region.

Zone

Pacific Standard Time

Local Time

Days

US

9pm - 12am

12 - 3am EST

Sunday through Thursday

Europe

4 - 6pm

12 - 2am GMT

Monday through Friday

Asia

10am - 1pm

2 - 5am JST

Monday through Friday

India

11:30am - 2:30pm

11pm-2am IST

Monday through Friday

The typical maintenance window is 2 hours. 

What downtime should I expect during maintenance?

There is typically no downtime of the Controller during upgrade maintenance. Logged-in user sessions will expire and force users to sign in again.

There is not typically a gap in metric data — however, customers may occasionally see up to a 2-minute gap when the old and new Controller instances are swapped out.

Where can I view the SaaS service status?

The SaaS Service Status displays data related to your upgrade schedule. You can find it at appdynamics.com/support, by clicking the  Service Status button in the top right corner of the page. See Where can I view the SaaS Service Status? for step-by-step instructions. 

Note: To see SaaS service status details, you need to be:

1. Associated with a license 
  2. Logged in to www.appdynamics.com 

How does AppDynamics alert customers of maintenance?

Customers can be notified in two ways:

1. Email
  2. SaaS Status page

Customers register to opt-in or opt-out for email notifications at the individual level. Here are the instructions for how to opt-in.

What is AppDynamics’ Maintenance Alert Policy?

For planned maintenance, AppDynamics uses the following maintenance and upgrades policy to alert customers:

• Notify customers a minimum of 48 hours in advance of regular maintenance. The only exception is for emergency maintenance.
  • Notify customers before and again after the maintenance. 

In the event of an issue during the maintenance window, the AppDynamics operations team will notify you within that timeframe, rather than waiting until the window closes.  

What if an upgrade can’t be completed? 

AppDynamics operations team will notify you if an upgrade needs to be re-scheduled, or if an upgrade is attempted and could not be completed.

What if I have questions or need help?

If you have questions or concerns, please create a ticket on the Support Portal, at https://www.appdynamics.com/support/.

Related Links

Comments
David.Oslander
AppDynamics Team

Is this page still current and accurate? It is dated November 2018. Are upgrades for major releases still done only on a yearly basis? Thank you.

Claudia.Landivar
Community Manager

An update to this article is currently in-process. Follow this page for notice of publication.

Claudia Landivar
Community Manager & Editor, Knowledge Base

AppDynamics

Claudia.Landivar
Community Manager

@David.Oslander, check out the updated AppDynamics SaaS and Maintenance and Communications article!

Claudia Landivar
Community Manager & Editor, Knowledge Base

AppDynamics

Version history
Last update:
‎07-16-2021 06:00 PM
Updated by: