cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weblogic admin server

William.Spinetti
Discoverer

Has Anyone actully tried to instrument the actual WebLogic Admin Server ?

We are having some issues with an LDAP process and would like to instrument the admin server so we can see exactly where our calls are going and what is going on in that end point.

I used the standard config we use to instrument our app but it is not showing up in the console.

So I was wondering if anyone here had done this.

normal config to instrument our app.

-javaagent:/opt/appdynamics/appAgent/javaagent.jar -Dappdynamics.agent.applicationName=cps-test -Dappdynamics.agent.tierName=HRP_UI  -Dappdynamics.agent.nodeName=claimserver_nodenamehere

config we used to instrument admin

-javaagent:/opt/appdynamics/appAgent/javaagent.jar -Dappdynamics.agent.applicationName=cps_test -Dappdynamics.agent.tierName=HRP_ADMIN -Dappdynamics.agent.nodeName=admin_nodenamehere

Pretty much the same.

I also added an entry to the weblogic.policy to make sure weblogic security features had access to /opt/appdynamics/appAgent-

1 REPLY 1

Peter.Holditch

When you say it's not showing up, do you mean that it does not appear on the application flowmap, or that its node does not appear in the "Tiers and Nodes" heirachy?

In the former case, it is possibe that the activity going on is not behind any out of the box entry point, so you will need to investigate adding custom entry points.

In the latter case, the agent is not reporting to the controller successfully, so you will need to look in the agent logs (which, based on your command line you will find in /opt/appdynamics/appAgent/ver4.x.y.z/admin_nodenamehere) to see what the problem is.

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.