cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

javaagent do not show any business transaction

jeanva
Wanderer

Hello,

I've installed a fresh controller 4.4.1 on one of our server (name is sbeld10864).

I've downloaded the agent via the getting started wizard and installed on our application (name is CARMAFE, server is sbelt10389).

After starting the application (ibm jdk1.7), I see the application in ou controller, but no data are sent to the controller (no business transaction/...)
you'll find the logs of the controller (controller_logs.tar) in attach and the config + logs of the admin agent (agent.tar) (with .txt extension as it seems we cannot post tar files ? -)...

could you tell me what is wrong ?

many thanks

Brgds

JF

6 REPLIES 6

jeanva
Wanderer

agent.tar.txt in attach, it was too big...

Have you followed the documentation here with respect to the security requirements?

From the log, I guess maybe you missed that step?

Warm regards,
Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

hello

sorry i forgot to mention that at first install i did'nt add the security permissions.
But if you check in the second start, in agent.2018_02_21__16_41_52.0.log, there are no security errors anymore

I've added the following in /opt/websphere/85/appserver/profiles/N_SBELT10389/properties/server.policy

// Allow appdynamics
grant codeBase "file:/opt/AppDynamics/-" {
  permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

but still i've nothing in the business transactions...
Any other ideas ?

Ah, I see.  Yes you fixed that after the first boot.

Is this all the agent logs that were written?  I do not see any ByteCodeTransformer logs, which would be necessary to dig into this further.

I think the most efficient way to root-cause what is going on here would be for you to open a support ticket and dig in with the support guys.

Warm regards,
Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

i removed them because they were too big to upload them here...

I've restarted the node so that the full log is in attach...

I'll try to contact the support to get help... but this is so basic i can't understand why the agent connects and does not send any business transactions... it worked fine before

I think I found the problem at line 373 of your new agent log file:

[Thread-5] 22 Feb 2018 16:12:58,696  WARN ConfigurationChannel - ResponseReadException creating Response Wrapper [g], : com.singularity.ee.rest.c: Error in controller in processing binary request AppAgent Config Data  - Agent license request denied. Agent type: java-app-agent; Node: sbelt10389; Application: CARMAFE; Host: sbelt10389.devbe.development; Reason: License limit hit for controller