Java (Java Agent, Installation, JVM, and Controller Installation)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agent profile invoking in JVM arguments

Hi All,

Need urgent help to invoke the <appname>.profile file with jvm argument but not sure what the correct paramerter for the same.I m thinking something like below

-Dappdynamics.agent.agentProfile=/myfolder/<appname>.profile

please suggest the correct parameter which i can use .

example :- APPDYNAMICS="{% if appdynamics is defined %} -javaagent:/myfolder/javaagent.jar -Dappdynamics.agent.agentProfile=/myfolder/CAAS.profile -Dappdynamics.agent.logs.dir=/myfolder/logs {% endif %}"

just to make thing slittle more clear 

<appname>.profile file have appname,tiername and nodename inside it and i need help to invoke this file something like below.

example :- APPDYNAMICS="{% if appdynamics is defined %} -javaagent:/myfolder/javaagent.jar -Dappdynamics.agent.agentProfile=/myfolder/CAAS.profile -Dappdynamics.agent.logs.dir=/myfolder/logs {% endif %}"

2 REPLIES 2
Employee

Re: agent profile invoking in JVM arguments

Shailesh,

What environment are you starting your JVM in?  From a bash script?, ... 

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Re: agent profile invoking in JVM arguments

Hi Peter,

I m using anisble template to define the APPDYNAMICS for JVM something like below.its UAT Env for now but will be using the same ansible template for PROD Env as well.

APPDYNAMICS="{% if appdynamics is defined %} -javaagent:/myfolder/javaagent.jar-Dappdynamics.agent.agentProfile=/myfolder/CAAS.profile -Dappdynamics.agent.logs.dir=/myfolder/logs {% endif %}"

then passing APPDYNAMICS in jvm argument like below.

OPENFIRE_OPTS="$APPDYNAMICS $WILY_OPTIONS $OPENFIRE_OPTS -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=$OPENFIRE_LOGDIR"

Thanks,

Shailesh