Java (Java Agent, Installation, JVM, and Controller Installation)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WMQMonitor doesn't provide data to AppDynamics

Hi,

I would like to see the statistics of our WebSphere MQ Server in AppDynamics. I followed the documentation https://www.appdynamics.com/community/exchange/extension/websphere-mq-monitoring-extension/, but unfortunatly I don't see any data on our AppDynamics account.

Please find below the list of items that have been configured:

• Machine agent: machineagent-bundle-64bit-windows-4.5.16.2341
  • Configured monitor in /monitors folder: WMQMonitor
  • Using WebSphere MQ 7.5 and IBM WebSphere MQ Explorer 7.5.0.9 is installed on the same server

In AppDynamics under the 'Servers' tab I can see the server, however I'm not able to see more information of that server because we don't have a Server Visibility license. According to the documentation I should be able to see the results of WebSphere MQ under the Applications tab > Tiers & Nodes.

I have created a separate Tier called MQ Server, when I right click on that name and click on 'View', I'm redirected to a page with the following URL:

location=APP_COMPONENT_MANAGER&timeRange=last_1_day.BEFORE_NOW.-1.-1.1440&application=5546&component=9027&dashboardMode=force

According to the documentation I have to configure the Component/Tier ID in the metricPrefix of the Machine agent, so that one is now looking as follow:

metricPrefix: "Server|Component:9027|Custom Metrics|WebsphereMQ|"

Furthermore I have configured the host (127.0.0.1), port (in our case 1415) and the queue manager name. For all other values we are using the default for now. In the monitor.xml file I have updated the classpath to all external libraries as mentioned on the MQ documentation page.

Is there a way that I can see if the Machine Agent is sending data to the server, probably it is because we can see the server name on the the 'Servers'-tab. And is there an ability to see if it is using the WMQMonitor monitor and if this one is configured correctly?

Thank you