Java (Java Agent, Installation, JVM, and Controller Installation)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade request for App dynamics controller to get the insights on Thread contention

Adventurer

Upgrade request for App dynamics controller to get the insights on Thread contention

Hi Team,

I've been using AppD for determining the application bottleneck in my application and i am seeing lots of thread contention in the snapshot provided by AppD. but having a difficult time to figure out the root-cause of AppD.

I came accross https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO42/Thread+Contention AppDynamics doc to figure out root-cause of Thread contention in application in a conveenint way. 

But in my Controller i don't see all the option listed in the above doc and i see this feature is available only when both  Controller and the Java agent must be upgraded to version 4.2.5 for Thread Contention to work as designed.

I am using a SAAS controller and my controoler URL is lithiumtechnologiesinc.saas.appdynamics.com , please upgrade my controller to 4.2.5 , so that i can get the features neccessary to debug the issue.

Thanks in advance,
Amit 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Upgrade request for App dynamics controller to get the insights on Thread contention

Amit, looks like your Controller version is at 4.2.12 already. Have you upgraded the java agent to 4.2.5 or above?