Java (Java Agent, Installation, JVM, and Controller Installation)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade request for App dynamics controller to get the insights on Thread contention

Highlighted
Adventurer

Hi Team,

I've been using AppD for determining the application bottleneck in my application and i am seeing lots of thread contention in the snapshot provided by AppD. but having a difficult time to figure out the root-cause of AppD.

I came accross https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO42/Thread+Contention AppDynamics doc to figure out root-cause of Thread contention in application in a conveenint way. 

But in my Controller i don't see all the option listed in the above doc and i see this feature is available only when both  Controller and the Java agent must be upgraded to version 4.2.5 for Thread Contention to work as designed.

I am using a SAAS controller and my controoler URL is lithiumtechnologiesinc.saas.appdynamics.com , please upgrade my controller to 4.2.5 , so that i can get the features neccessary to debug the issue.

Thanks in advance,
Amit 

Upgrade request for App dynamics controller to get the insights on Thread contention
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
AppDynamics Team

Amit, looks like your Controller version is at 4.2.12 already. Have you upgraded the java agent to 4.2.5 or above?