cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to capture application data in AppDynamics controller

Unable to capture the application data when sample app is running with java agent. It worked last week but for the last 2 days, it stopped working.Appdynamics_data_issue.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Venkata Shiva.Bodda,

Please check out this Knowledge Base Article: https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-is-the-Java-Agent-not-reporting-to-the-Contr...

Let me know if it helps!

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi Team,

I am trying with Java agent to capture the metrics and followed the above steps. But still I am facing the same issue i.e., when generating a load, it's not reflecting in Appdynamics Controller. Could you please help with detailed steps.

Appdynamics_data_issue.PNG

Thanks & Regards,
Shiva

Hi @Venkata Shiva.Bodda,

Thank you for letting me know! Let's see if the community can jump in and help out. If you happen to find a solution, please do share that here.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

It usually has something to do with permissions or ownership of the binaries and logs. Is there a service id that runs the java instance? Is it part of the linux/unix group that owns the appdynamics binaries? What do you see in the appagent logs? If you would supply more details it would help.