cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Instrument Informatica Powercenter 10.4.1 using Java agent. Has anyone tried it ?

Rohit.Sharma
Producer

Unable to Instrument Informatica Powercenter 10.4.1 using Java agent. Has anyone tried it ?

Tried to put jvm arguments in setenv.bat / Catalina.bat / infaservice.bat but nowhere it is picking it up and hooking up with the application.

Suggestions are invited

7 REPLIES 7

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Rohit

Can you share how you are adding the config to the infaservice.bat file? And what OS you are using?

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Hi Mario,

I am adding CATALINA_OPTS variable with javaagent.jar path before start of tomcat service parameters in infaservice.bat

OS is Windows.

please let me know if exact jvm argument is required.

Hi Rohit

Informatica PowerCenter uses the following for 

https://knowledge.informatica.com/s/article/301535?language=en_US

Use the INFA_JAVA_OPTS env variable to add the startup parameters as well as add it to the registry configuration

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\InformaticaServiceName\Parameters

It seems you have to set both

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Thanks for checking this, I had checked these recommendations and was sceptic of how modification of registry may be a risky idea.

Also I had found INFA_JAVA_OPTS was not in the environment variables, just wondering , can we add to the windows environment variables ?

Regards

Rohit

Hi, Can you share the content of you infraservice.bat file ?

Just remove any sensitive data if any

Ho Rohit

From what I gather, you need to put it in the place where it will always be used when starting the application

I believe adding the data to the System Env Variable, and/or registry should be the best way to do this.

Here is a video as well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6HAwrlHbTs, which should guide you to what you need to do. 

As always, test in non-production:)

Ciao

This video explains how to modify Java options for Informatica Services on Windows. Expertise: Intermediate User type: Administrator Category: Configuration Project Phase: Configure Problem Type: Configuration

Thanks for the valuable info Mario, I think the video makes it very clear. I will check on this today and update how it went.

Thanks and Regards