cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Deploy Agent on AWS

Sayed.Rahman
Builder

We are having issues deploying app agent on our AWS environment.

We can deploy the agent and monitor the application on our local machine.  However, when deploying our application to an AWS environment we fail to see data coming from the environment and see errors in the AppD logs.

Any assistance on this would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Sayed

7 REPLIES 7

Peter.Holditch

What errors do you see in the agent logs?

We have many customers monitoring applications deployed in EC2, so there is no fundamental problem with what you are doing.

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

christian.tragesser
Adventurer

To ‘add a little color’ to the issue Sayed is referring to:

We’re currently evaluating AppD’s Node.js agent for our containerized application.  After building our application’s docker image and running the container on our workstations, the application successfully connects to our SaaS controller and reports application metrics.

When the same container is deployed to our Kubernetes cluster(hosted on AWS EC2/VPC), the container runs with no issue from the perspective of the application - however we do not see data being reported to the Controller console.  We’ve confirmed SaaS controller connectivity from the application container using curl(curl -I “https://our.saas.fqdn”) and recieve a 200 response.

We're using no other AppD agents other than the application agent for Node.js 8.9.1.

I've attached the agent log file if it's of any help.

It looks like the agent is unable to launch its communcation proxy:

[2018-03-13 14:12:31.062] [INFO] default - Proxy logging to: /tmp/appd/709d8f016ec1eba1a412d004d957647e/proxy/l
[2018-03-13 14:12:31.062] [INFO] default - Proxy spawned!
[2018-03-13 14:12:40.855] [ERROR] default - no response on control socket
[2018-03-13 14:12:40.888] [ERROR] default - unable to contact proxy

Are there any proxy logs?  If so, could you post them?  If not, could you collect debug logs from the agent and post these?

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hello Peter,

We've enabled debug verbosity and have attached the logs of both the agent and proxy.

Thanks,

Christian

I see nothing obviously wrong in these logs.  The log from the proxy instance servicing the node process would be useful too.

I suggest the best way to take this forward is via a support ticket; are you able to open one and attach all the logs?

Warm regards,
Peter

VenkataVijaya.Sree
Adventurer

Hi,

Can you please let me know the process that you followed for Agent installation for an application hosted in AWS?

Regards

Spoiler
I also need to know the steps to connect appD to EC2 via tomcat any help would be greatly appreciated