cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Updating Tier, Application, & Node Names for Node with App & Machine Agent

Jay.Smith
Adventurer

Hello, I'm having trouble updating tier, application, and node names for multiple servers hosting app & machine agents.  After making the configuration changes and restarting all Java Agent instances/services, we receive the errors shown below in the logs.

Could anyone help interpret what the logs indicate?  Has anyone seen this issue or know what the problem is?  Please let me know if additional details would be helpful.

[AD Agent init] Sun Dec 11 01:26:17 EST 2022[INFO]: AgentInstallManager - Full Agent Registration Info Resolver using node name [unknown]

[AD Agent init] Sun Dec 11 01:26:17 EST 2022[DEBUG]: AgentInstallManager - Full Agent Registration Info Resolver finished running

[AD Agent init] Sun Dec 11 01:26:17 EST 2022[INFO]: AgentInstallManager - Agent runtime directory set to [/opt/app/appdynamics/appagent/ver22.3.0.33637]

[AD Agent init] Sun Dec 11 01:26:17 EST 2022[INFO]: AgentInstallManager - Agent node directory set to [unknown]

2022-12-11 01:26:17,834 AD Agent init ERROR Cannot access RandomAccessFile java.io.IOException: Could not create directory /opt/app/appdynamics/appagent/ver22.3.0.33637/logs/unknown java.io.IOException: Could not create directory /opt/app/appdynamics/appagent/ver22.3.0.33637/logs/unknown

at com.appdynamics.appagent/org.apache.logging.log4j.core.util.FileUtils.mkdir(FileUtils.java:120)

at com.appdynamics.appagent/org.apache.logging.log4j.core.util.FileUtils.makeParentDirs(FileUtils.java:137)

at com.appdynamics.appagent/org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.rolling.RollingRandomAccessFile

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Jay.Smith,

Since the logs kicked out a few errors, you can try searching for those errors across the community and look for posts with those same errors. When I searched the first error, I found quite a few, but they seemed to be focused on the Java agent and not the machine agent. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Thanks Ryan.  I'll try that.