Transaction Snapshot URL is missing

Amritesh.Kumar
Creator
5 REPLIES 5

Brian.Wheeldon
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Amritesh,

Two things to check:

1. There are a number of different types of Business Transactions. Some of these, like servlets and web services, have associated URLs. Others, like message driven requests, do not. Since the screenshot shows the BTs being bucketed in "CR_CatchAll", it's not clear that there should be URLs for these requests. The last snapshot in the screenshot does show the URL, so we know the URL is being collected in some cases.

2. The configuration to collect the URL is in the HTTP Data Collector section of the Configure/Instrumentation/Data Collectors page. The default HTTP Data Collector has the "URL" collection enabled, but this can be customized. Make sure that the HTTP Data Collector for this BT has URL collection enabled.

Regards,

Brian Wheeldon

Brian Wheeldon, Solution Engineer, NYC

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Yes Brian its Enabled already but still all URLs are not showing.

image.png

Hi amritesh.kumar

Did you manage to ever find out why the URLs are not showing?

Regards

Dietrich

Chavya.Khanna
Voyager

Hi @Brian.Wheeldon 

Would you be able to advice a possible fix to this problem? As we are also experiencing same issue.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Chavya.Khanna,

Brian is no longer with the company. Given how old this post is, its unlikely to get a response. I did some looking around and it appears there are many reasons why this may be happening. I recommend contacting AppD Support on this one.

How do I submit a Support ticket? An FAQ 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.