cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tomcat not starting with agent - key can't be empty

priitliivak
Explorer

Cannot figure out the cause of this error: 

Error in Full Agent Registration Info Resolver reading environment variable/system property
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.singularity.ee.agent.resolver.I.a(I.java:43)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.resolver.O.a(O.java:81)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.resolver.O.<init>(O.java:70)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.resolver.O.<init>(O.java:58)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.kernel.z.executeGenericFunction(z.java:248)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.kernel.AppTierNodeDeterminer.executeGenericFunction(AppTierNodeDeterminer.java:126)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.AgentEntryPoint.getAppTierNodeFromLib(AgentEntryPoint.java:1318)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.AgentEntryPoint.determineAppAgentVersionToUse(AgentEntryPoint.java:1132)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.AgentEntryPoint.premain(AgentEntryPoint.java:419)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndStartAgent(InstrumentationImpl.java:386)
at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndCallPremain(InstrumentationImpl.java:401)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: key can't be empty
at java.lang.System.checkKey(System.java:841)
at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:714)
at com.singularity.ee.util.aj.<clinit>(aj.java:28)
... 15 more

I believe there is something wrong with configuration since log states: " key can't be empty". But what key it refers to?

I am using AppD trial with SaaS model where configuration is baked into downloaded zip.

2 REPLIES 2

Peter.Holditch

Could you post the full agent logs?

It may be easier to handle this through a support ticket.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

I have this same issue when trying to instrument kafka as a java process. Could you help me with what was the issue in your case and i can check on my side?
Thanks !