cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split a service endpoint with POJO return value

mmadialagan
Producer

Hi,

I am creating a custom POJO type service endpoint and want to split it using the return vlaue of the method. 

I could use the "POJO Object Instance to name transcations", unfortunately the method that I want to use takes an argument.

Please let me know how I can do this.

Thanks,

Muthu

4 REPLIES 4

Atyuha.Pal
AppDynamics Team

Hi Muthu,

Could you please check with the transaction splitting option available under custom service end point. Please refer to the below doc and attached screenshots.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO42/Service+Endpoints#ServiceEndpoints-config_sep

Thanks,

Atyuha

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi,

The transaction splitting option available under custom service end point "Transaction Splitting" dose not show any options to split using the return value of the method.

I am looking for a splitting option which would split the service endpoint using the return vlaue of the method.

Can you please let me know if there is a way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Muthu 

Hi Muthu,

You cannot do that. It does not make sense to split a SEP with POJO return value. SEPs are inbound calls which invokes a method(POJO).  For an incoming request when you want to split the SEP you can split  with a method paramter and not when after the method is invoked and you have a response/return value. This is not a Data Collector where you are trying to collect data from a method invocation in which case you can collect either from method paramter or from return value.  

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

VJ

Thanks make sense