cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servlet transaction's call graph is not shown

rajkumarr
Adventurer

I manually triggered a diagnostic session to capture some snapshots of a servlet service deployed on WSO2 DSS. Snapshots are taken, but I'm not able to see the complete call graph, seeing only the first line. Execution time was 18 ms. See the below screenshot. What should I do to see the call graph?

servlet-callgraph.png

2 REPLIES 2

rajkumarr
Adventurer

I was able to get the call graph when the execution time is bit high, around 400ms. See the below screenshot. Question is, what should be the minium execution time inorder for appdynamics to be able to capture the call graph? I read somewhere it's only 10 ms, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

dss-callgraph.png

Business Transaction execution within a snapshot is profiled every 10ms, as you state.  In your 18ms snapshot, it is likely that whatever methods within the servlet ran did not individually last long enough to be detected by the profiler.

Given the short execution time I would imagine that whatever these methods are, they are unlikely to represent a performance problem.

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.