cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re. Machine agent throwing WARN Registration task error

Milind.Gupta
Wanderer

Hi ,

I have installed the machine agent in my linux box and i can see my server too in Appdynamics Controller but unable to see any metrics .

Am seeing below error message in my machine agent logs.

WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.

Any idea about above error message?

3 REPLIES 3

Eric.Miller
Architect

If you're getting a registration error then it means your machine agent is connected, but not talking correctly to the Controller. It could be for a variety of reasons, you don't have the right account information in your controller-info.xml file, or you don't have an available license for it to grab, or possibly you're agent is an older version than your controller, or you're not connecting to the proper port (8090 for non SSL, 8181 for SSL), or the port is blocked, all the way to a SSL/Keystore issue.

The best way to troubleshoot it is to run it in debug mode for a few minutes to get more log data, that should pinpoint you to the cause. This post tells you how to enable debug logging on the machine agent:

https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Infrastructure-Server-Network/WARN-RegistrationTask-Encountered...

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks Eric for the solutuon. Can you please tell me what could cause there to be zero bytes in the message

[AD Thread-Metric Reporter1] 05 Sep 2019 16:17:50,226 DEBUG ManagedMonitorDelegate - Now publishing 0 metric data to the controller.

[AD Thread-Metric Reporter1] 05 Sep 2019 16:17:50,226 DEBUG ManagedMonitorDelegate - REST - Sending Binary request - URL [/controller/instance/443210/metrics]

********Metric Data********

<account-key>

XYZ

<account-key/>

<metric>

Size : 0

<metric/>

<timestamp>

XYZ

<timestamp/>

[AD Thread-Metric Reporter1] 05 Sep 2019 16:17:50,230 DEBUG ManagedMonitorDelegate - REST

Sending Binary payload Size : 226 bytes

[AD Thread-Metric Reporter1] 05 Sep 2019 16:17:50,333 DEBUG ManagedMonitorDelegate - Successfully published 0 metric data to the controller.

As for the 0 metrics issue, I'm not sure. It looks like it's trying to pass your access key to the controller, and it's not getting through. When you go into your Controller, and click on the cog in the top-right, and then "License" do you see the Machine agent taking up a license slot? Also, you can click on "Account" and then "show" next to Access key to verify you have the correct key to the correct controller.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.