cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently Adding MULTIPLE MBeans for Monitoring in a Single Configuration

Cesar.Quintana
Producer

Hello,

Is it possible to configure multiple MBeans to be added for permanent monitoring?

For example, if my JVM uses 7 different datasources, I'd like to monitor, let's say, the AvailableCount attribute of each of those 7 MBeans. Do I have to go in and create an individual configuration for EACH of the 7 datasources, or is there a way to wildcard the confoiguration to pick up all 7 of them?

Also, this become exceedingly critical when we start talking about JMS queues. We have over 150... performing this exercise 150 times might get a bit unwieldy.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

You can use wildcards to define the JMX metric rules to get metrics for all the datasources:

for instance in a JBoss you get get the active count property from the following mbean:

jboss.as:subsystem=datasources,data-source=MyDatasource_01,statistics=pool

When you define the metric rule you have to do it like this:

Object name Match Patern:jboss.as:subsystem=datasources,*,statistics=pool
Instance identifier: data-source
Atibute:ActiveCount

in the Object Name Match Patern you can even use the wildcard to replace several branches, i.e. if it were "jboss.as:subsystem=datasources,whatever=another_level,whatever=another_level,data-source=MyDatasource_01,statistics=pool" you could use "jboss.as:subsystem=datasources,*,statistics=pool".

the Instance Identifier is the instanced element you want to see separated, in your case you will have something similar to:

jboss.as:subsystem=datasources,data-source=MyDatasource_01,statistics=pool

jboss.as:subsystem=datasources,data-source=MyDatasource_02,statistics=pool

jboss.as:subsystem=datasources,data-source=MyDatasource_07,statistics=pool

so you should use data-source as the instance identifier.

Hope I had help you.

Jorge

Awesome. This worked perfectly. I appreciate the help!