cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overall Application Performance(Error/Min) less than Errors(Pagenotfound 404(XX_TIER) - Error/Min

Hi ,

When we plot the graph for Overall Application Performance(Error/Min) less than Errors(Pagenotfound 404(XX_TIER) - Error/Min.

My question is how the  Overall Application Perforamance (Sum of all error&Exceptions in application) is less than Particukar tiers page not found 404 error?

Kindly any one help us to understand. how the Error/min calculate on Overall Application Performance and Errors sections.

Please find the below graph. Thanks in Advance!

ErrorPerMinute.png

4 REPLIES 4

gurmitsa
Architect

Can you try to plot the count metric instead of the observed value?

I meant sum* an dnot count.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

I tried the SUM but now also Overall app performance error > page not found 404(XX_TIER) and here is the screenshot

SUMSUM

Hi All,

Below is the answer for my query, hope it helps others as well

Overall Application Performance|Errors per Minute & Overall Application Performance|Exceptions per Minute capture the Errors/Exceptions from the Business Transaction (BT) contexts.

Whereas Errors|<TierName>|<Exception>|Errors per Minute reports the Errors regardless of the BT contexts. Hence these two are not comparable as such. Also the later one can be higher than the other.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Errors+and+Exceptions - Refernece Link

Thanks

Soorya Mohan