cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Background java Process

saloni.acharya
New Poster

I have been trying to configure Java agent with a standalone background java process. The agent reports at the controller and shows memory usage stats but does not give the flowmap/Business Transactions and calls.

Can someone tell me how to deal with this?

3 REPLIES 3

Peter.Holditch

Activity is only shown on the flowmap if an entry point is hit.  Since you describe your process as a standalone background process, I think it's very likely that none of the entry points configured out of the box are present.

You will need to configure a custom POJO entry point.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Kasi.Idamakanti

Hi 

I am totally new to Appdynamics. Currently we have setup monitoring through AppDynamics at JVM level. But got new requirement to monitor at java process level which batch test is in progress. Can someone guide me how to setup? Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Viswa

Hi

can you elaborate on how the batch model is setup on your side ?

What framework are you using ? Do you know the class name where the batch is started from ?

Alternatively we can have a look at using the Live Preview feature in AppD to see what the agent detects while a batch is running:

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Custom+Match+Rule+Live+Preview

Thanks

Philipp

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.