cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Mapping Flows/Traffic with Application Features]

hippolyte
Wanderer

Hi,

Is it possible with AppDynamics APM to map the flows from the "application flow map dashboard" to customs application features ? Is this possible with the "All Applications Dashboard" ?

Best regards,

Hippolyte

4 REPLIES 4

Peter.Holditch

Hippolyte,

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "custom application features"?  Can you provide an exampe of such a feature in your context; how are your features identified?

I am pretty certain the answer will be yes, but I want to make sure I am answering the right question.

Warm regards,

Peter.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi,

I have seen that the application flow map dashboard provided technical information about the traffic occuring. What I want to do is to map a specific traffic to a certain functionnal feature of my application. For example : when a user is making a payment or uploading a document, it is generating traffic that I can see on the flow map. I want to map/label such a traffic to the feature "document upload" or "payment". This would allow me to see how many users are using this feature.

I hope it clarified my question.

Best regards,

Hippolyte

Hippolyte,

What you are describing sounds very much like our Business Transactions feature.

Have you reviewed this?  Does it help with your use-case?  In general, I would expect "MakePayment, UploadDocument etc. to be represented as different Business Transactions within your application.  This would mean you could see per-transaction flowmaps and call rates, among many other things.

Warm regards,

Peter.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Peter,

The Business transaction feature was what I was looking for!

Thank you for your kind help.