Java (Java Agent, Installation, JVM, and Controller Installation)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine agent is not reporting

Wanderer

Re: Machine agent is not reporting and Not able to see the Appagnets in Controller UI

Hi team, 

Machine agent and app agnet stopped reporting after some time .

Contoller UI is Giving a waring :-  "Agent authorization denied. Agent type: java-app-agent; Application: ISPF-EM; Host: INGBTCPIC8DTM01; License Rule: Default "

Please see tha attached screen shots and logs for your reference.

AppDynamics Team

Re: Machine agent is not reporting and Not able to see the Appagnets in Controller UI

Hi Vishu,

Can you go to top right corner -> License -> Rule screen and verify if there are any rules created?
If Yes, what are the license units allocated?

Also please try to create the rule and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Rajendra

Wanderer

Hi  ,

After removing the Rules i could see that machine agent and app agnets are reporting .

Thanks for your qucik reply.

One more Question .

Some clarifications required in the Appdynamics license .

As per the license screen shot ( Screen shot attached ) server monitoring is enabled . But in the controller UI I am seeing server visibility enabled as “NO”.

I would like to know “server monitoring “ and “server visibility enabled” are same , if so why it is disabled.

If both are different what is the procedure to get “server visibility enabled” as “Yes”.

My assumption was this feature will be enabled by default along with machine agent license. ( Correct me if I am wrong ).

Can you help me to enable “server visibility enabled” feature in Controller UI .

My machine agent is also reporting. I am depoying docker image and i have put machine agent run command in docker file and location of JRE and machine agent is given in setenv script. It always end up with jar not found. Jre and machineagent.jar is present in the location. Attached logs.