Java (Java Agent, Installation, JVM, and Controller Installation)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine agent is not reporting

Wanderer

Machine agent status "not reporting" in controller .

logs as below .

[system-thread-0] 14 Jun 2017 09:49:22,151 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.
[system-thread-0] 14 Jun 2017 09:50:22,152 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.
[system-thread-0] 14 Jun 2017 09:51:22,152 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.
[system-thread-0] 14 Jun 2017 09:52:22,153 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.
[system-thread-0] 14 Jun 2017 09:53:22,157 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.
[system-thread-0] 14 Jun 2017 09:54:22,151 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.
[system-thread-0] 14 Jun 2017 09:55:22,150 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.
[system-thread-0] 14 Jun 2017 09:56:22,153 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.
[system-thread-0] 14 Jun 2017 09:57:22,151 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.
[system-thread-0] 14 Jun 2017 09:58:22,153 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.
[system-thread-0] 14 Jun 2017 09:59:22,152 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.
[system-thread-0] 14 Jun 2017 10:00:22,151 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.
[system-thread-0] 14 Jun 2017 10:01:22,152 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.
[system-thread-0] 14 Jun 2017 10:02:22,156 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.

account name and access key is as per the licence .

13 REPLIES 13
AppDynamics Team

Re: Machine agent is not reporting

Hi Vishnu,

Can we get complete machine agent logs directory over here, so we can check why it is throwing such error.

Please zip and upload the All the logs in the directory MachineAgent/logs/*.

Regards,

Rajendra

Wanderer

Wanderer

HI Team , 

Attached the logs for your refererence.

Machine agent version :-  machineagent-bundle-64bit-windows-4.3.2.1

AppDynamics Team

Hi Vishnu,

We are seeing below mentioned message, it seem you don't have server monitoring license could you please disable the sim feature from controller-info.xml file.

[Thread-1] 15 Jun 2017 11:48:32,578 INFO SecondStageSystem - Stopping main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license, code=License Lease Failed)).

i.e 

<sim-enabled>false</sim-enabled> from your controller-info.xml file.

After that follow the below steps

1. Stop the machine agent 

2. Enable debug logging

Please edit the file <MachineAgent>/conf/logging/log4j.xml. Change the level value of the following <logger> elements to debug.

<logger name="com.singularity"

<logger name="com.appdynamics"

Please let it run for 10 mins and then zip and upload the All the logs in the directory MachineAgent/logs/*

3. Delete the current machine agent log files from the log folder

4. Restart the machine agent and let us know how it goes.

If still you see issue provide below details.

1) Controller-info.xml file to review the configuration.

2) Latest machine agent log folder which is collected in debug mode.

3) Command how you are running the machine agent.

Regards,

Rajendra

Wanderer

Hi Raj, Thanks for the update. Before doing the below steps , i thought to review the Controller installation. SO i uninstalled controller and did the fresh installation. And also i have downloaded the App-agent and used the same for the App-agents. I have configured the "controller-info.xml" with required info. ( attached one of App-agent "controller-info.xml " for your reference. Now the issue is i am not able to see the Application and the nodes ( where i was able to see before re-installation) . Attached the install logs of the controller and agent logs for your reference.
AppDynamics Team

Hi Shiva,

I reviewed your controller-info.xml, you are hitting a know issue When downloading the machine agent from the controller UI, Instead of setting the name it is setting the global account name in controller-info.xml file. 

<account-name>customer1_c65fa079-7da4-43d0-ad0f-a66625143364</account-name>

and then throwing below mentioned error

[AD Thread Pool-Global0] 19 Jun 2017 16:08:21,737 ERROR ConfigurationChannel - HTTP Request failed: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized [AD Thread Pool-Global0] 19 Jun 2017 16:08:21,737 INFO ConfigurationChannel - Resetting AuthState for Proxy: [state:UNCHALLENGED;] and Target [state:FAILURE;] [AD Thread Pool-Global0] 19 Jun 2017 16:08:21,737 WARN ConfigurationChannel - Could not connect to the controller/invalid response from controller, cannot get initialization information, controller host [INGBTCPIC8DTGU8], port[8090], exception [null]

The bug is already fixed in 4.3.3.

Step to resolve: 

1. Stop the machine agent.
  2. Edit the account name in your controller-info.xml file as customer1 (refer the screenshot) 3)
  3. Restart the machine agent.

Regards,

Rajendra

Wanderer

Re: Machine agent is not reporting and Not able to see the Appagnets in Controller UI

Subject changed. Hi , thanks for your quick reply . I tried the way you have mentioned below . ( Changed account name to "customer1" for machine agent and app agent(s) also ) But no luck found. please see attached machine-agnet logs, updated controller-info.xmls file and one of the app agent logs .
AppDynamics Team

Re: Machine agent is not reporting and Not able to see the Appagnets in Controller UI

Can you please attach the screenshot of license screen, so that I will check all the values once again.

Regards,

Rajendra

Wanderer

Hi , After checking the controller-info.xml of the machine agent and app agents i found the mismatch value for access key. Now i have corrected the access keys as per the licence . Now i can see all the app agents in controller UI and machine agent is up. Thanks for your help .