cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Agent Installation

Siva_Mullapudi
Builder

Hi,

We need to monitor the Java application which is in Linux machine. Can anyone please share the machine agent and procedure to install the machine agent in Linux machine. Please suggest me what are the necessary steps need to taken while installing.

Thanks and Regards

Siva

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your information.

I have added Java agent in my tomcat app server where my application is installed. Agent started successfully

and able to see application in web browser ui. But I am unable to see load on that application even though there is load on application.

Can you please tell the reason behind this.

Note: I am using trail version licence

Hi Siva,

Glad to hear this good news that there has been some progress on this case. The reason you are not seeing any load on the controller UI is there could not be any OOTB defined entry points which can suit your environment. However, could you please follow the steps listed here and send us latest agent logs, so that we can help you in defining custom entry rules for the load to be depicted on controller UI

1) Please enable find-entry-points node property to true. Please find attached screenshot to enable find-entry-points to true.

2) Generate some traffic on the application for say 5-10 mins

3) Zip up the logs and enclose it here

4) After that please change back find-entry-points node property to false

Thanks

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

I have done procedure sent by you and attached the zip file.

Can you please check the logs and let me know the reason for this

Thanks and Regards

Siva.

Hi Siva,

Thanks for the logs. Unfortunately i didnot get whole zipped up agent logs to check for Byte code instrumentation. But i found that your license usage of java agent is exhausted and hence agent is complaining abut license limit hit.

Could you please sort out the license limit issues by stopping unwanted app agents from reporting, so that this JVM can use that license.

Please find the log snippet for the issue in detail.

[AD Thread Pool-Global1] 21 Jul 2017 15:05:55,202 WARN ConfigurationChannel - ResponseReadException creating Response Wrapper [xb], : com.singularity.ee.rest.c: Error in controller in processing binary request AppAgent Config Data - Agent license request denied. Agent type: java-app-agent; Node: process; Host: blb44cehspshub; Reason: License limit hit for controller

Thanks

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your help. Now I am able to see the load in Application console. For this I have changed the license which is not expired.

Thanks and Regards

Siva Mullapudi

Glad to hear this good news Siva. Please let us know if we can close this post.

Thanks

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

Yes, you can close this

Thanks

Siva