cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java agent issue_ Metric Reporter Queue full Dropping metrics.

Pallavi.R
Creator

Hi ,

I have installed java agent for one of my application. Agent is not reporting, in the logs I found this message

" Metric Reporter Queue full. Dropping metrics.".Kindly assit me on this.

15 REPLIES 15

Peter.Holditch

It looks as if the agent cannot contact the controller.

Can you zip up and attach all the files under the logs and conf directories beneath the versioned agent directory within you agent installation (which will have a name of the form ver4.x.y.z, where x y and z are the version numbers)

Then we can try and see what the connectivity issue is.

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Peter,

did you had a chance to look into what may have been causing this issue?

Regards

Erwin

Erwin,

I don't see your agent logs on the thread.  Without the full logs, it's impossible to diagnose.

Could you post them?

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Abhishek.Katanguri
Discoverer
Do you have a solution for this issue?

All my applications are having this same issue. Is there a article that explains the issue an the resolution.

As stated above, this usually indicates there is a network problem of some kind that is preventing the agent from connecting to the controller.

You need to inspect the agent logs to diagnose the underlying issue.

Hello Peter,

I have also facing same issue like "Metric Reporter Queue full. Dropping metrics" in server. I'm using 4.5 java agent. Can you please do needful for us? Can you provide solution for same?

Regards,

Chetan

Chetan,

As I stated before, this is most often due to some connectivity problem between the agent and the controller.

If you look in your agent logs, you should see additional messages that will help lead you to the root cause (firewall issues, indicated by connection timeouts; incorrect addresses, indicated by connection refused, etc.)

Without being able to see the logs, it's impossible to determine what the problem is.

Warm regards,

Peter

Depending on your agent logs it could be a connectivity issue but in my case it was a licensing issue that was keeping my agent from sending metrics to the controller.

Even though my licenses appeared to be good, you have to check your default rule in your license manager to make sure you're fully allocated, which in my case I wasn't.  I had recently added a new license key ahead of scaling out and adding close to 100 new agents so we wouldn't hit our limit.  What I didn't realize was I had to adjust the rule to allocate all the new licenses we just added.  Once that was done, the rest of our new agents were able send metrics to the controller.