Click the Start a free trial link to start a 15-day SaaS trial of our product and join our community as a trial user. If you are an existing customer do not start a free trial.
AppDynamics customers and established members should click the sign in button to authenticate.
I have installed java agent for one of my application. Agent is not reporting, in the logs I found this message
" Metric Reporter Queue full. Dropping metrics.".Kindly assit me on this.
It looks as if the agent cannot contact the controller.
Can you zip up and attach all the files under the logs and conf directories beneath the versioned agent directory within you agent installation (which will have a name of the form ver4.x.y.z, where x y and z are the version numbers)
Then we can try and see what the connectivity issue is.
I don't see your agent logs on the thread. Without the full logs, it's impossible to diagnose.
Could you post them?
As stated above, this usually indicates there is a network problem of some kind that is preventing the agent from connecting to the controller.
You need to inspect the agent logs to diagnose the underlying issue.
I have also facing same issue like "Metric Reporter Queue full. Dropping metrics" in server. I'm using 4.5 java agent. Can you please do needful for us? Can you provide solution for same?
As I stated before, this is most often due to some connectivity problem between the agent and the controller.
If you look in your agent logs, you should see additional messages that will help lead you to the root cause (firewall issues, indicated by connection timeouts; incorrect addresses, indicated by connection refused, etc.)
Without being able to see the logs, it's impossible to determine what the problem is.
Depending on your agent logs it could be a connectivity issue but in my case it was a licensing issue that was keeping my agent from sending metrics to the controller.
Even though my licenses appeared to be good, you have to check your default rule in your license manager to make sure you're fully allocated, which in my case I wasn't. I had recently added a new license key ahead of scaling out and adding close to 100 new agents so we wouldn't hit our limit. What I didn't realize was I had to adjust the rule to allocate all the new licenses we just added. Once that was done, the rest of our new agents were able send metrics to the controller.